Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

41 baby! (I'm also really heavy, it's right around 10% body weight). That included 3 weeks pre op.

Edited by arimerm1

Any one on here with similar dates to mine I was sleeved on 6/12

I was sleeved June 15th.

Okay. Here's a little reality check.

The lower the BMI, the slower you will lose. Those of you with 40 or below BMI as a rule will not lose as much weight the first month as those of you with 40 or higher BMI.

Males lose faster than us gals. Fact. Infuriating, but true.

You will not lose 20 or 30 pounds every month. After the initial fast weight loss month or so, it stabilizes to more "normal" losses. 2-5 lbs a week. Then as you get closer to your goal, it's more like 2-5 a MONTH.

Don't compare yourself to others. There are just too many variables to what a normal rate is for weight loss. Any weight lost is a victory. And from what I've seen here, you all are winners!

I'm still pre op so I feel a little left out ????. But I'm going to play anyway. ????

I've lost my feeling of being the odd man out, as I'm the only obese person in my immediate family. I'm steadily losing my cloak of invisibility as my surgery date draws near, and I find myself withdrawing more and more from the shadows each day to live in the sun. I've lost my desire to try out all the latest fad diet gimmicks. I've lost the belief that since I've been fat most of my life there was just no way out.

And on the flip side: I've gained a whole bunch of new real life and forum brothers and sisters to share my wls journey with me. I've gained a true appreciation for words like "hope" "patience" and "perseverance." I've gained the understanding that you're never too old, too fat, or too overridden from comorbidities to have a second chance at life!

Sorry to shanghai the topic, but I can never resist coloring outside the lines!

@@The Candidate

When is your surgery? I can't wait for you to have your surgery! I love your posts, and from what I've seen, you are going to rock it!

Okay. Here's a little reality check.

The lower the BMI, the slower you will lose. Those of you with 40 or below BMI as a rule will not lose as much weight the first month as those of you with 40 or higher BMI.

Males lose faster than us gals. Fact. Infuriating, but true.

You will not lose 20 or 30 pounds every month. After the initial fast weight loss month or so, it stabilizes to more "normal" losses. 2-5 lbs a week. Then as you get closer to your goal, it's more like 2-5 a MONTH.

Don't compare yourself to others. There are just too many variables to what a normal rate is for weight loss. Any weight lost is a victory. And from what I've seen here, you all are winners!

Thank you for posting this. I was starting to think there was something wrong with me. I'm 6 weeks out and am at a stall for 2 weeks where I'm hovering at the same 20lb loss give or take a pound every couple of days. this morning I weighed myself and was up a pound from the previous time I weighed myself and I have not cheated, have been walking daily and am getting my minimum of Protein. I briefly thought to myself, I had my stomach cut out, if I don't lose any more weight I'll be devastated. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get the scale moving again? I don't want to break mentally. I was a 39 bmi when I started and was 231lbs at the time of surgery. I was 212 this morning. Thanks.

Edited by NoMoreWeightNJ

@@Babbs Thank you! I've enjoyed your posts too. You've taught me a lot over these many months, and I've really enjoyed this forum while I've been going through the long approval process!

My surgery will be on Wednesday, 07/29, and I can't wait! I'll be having the bypass.

Ive lost 28 lbs my first month,but it seems im not moving the scale any more.but old clothes I couldnt fit is fitting me perfect,so was in a 22 pants,now wearing 16-18 comfortably

@@Babbs Thank you! I've enjoyed your posts too. You've taught me a lot over these many months, and I've really enjoyed this forum while I've been going through the long approval process!

My surgery will be on Wednesday, 07/29, and I can't wait! I'll be having the bypass.

I am also on 7/29! Looking forward to seeing how it goes for both of us! I'm having the sleeve.

@FunFitFamily I know it's exciting, isn't it! Almost can't believe the day is almost here. I'm actually going today to visit a friend in the hospital who had the sleeve done just yesterday. She came through with flying colors. And another good friend is having the bypass on 07/31, with me on 07/29. We all met during program approval process while we were going through the classes.

The amazing thing is that not only are our surgery dates so close together, but we all have the same surgeon too! We had the choice of three different doctors. We could just take the first available appt. for any one of them, or wait for an opening with a specific one of our choice. All of them come highly qualified and recommended, but two of us chose this particular surgeon, while the other one just happened to get him.

Good luck on the 29th! Can't wait to start our new lives! ????????

For last 2 days my weight has gone up rather than down -- not a lot, but a little up each day. Very frustrating. I was so close to that -50 lbs and now I've gained back a lb despite sticking to plan. Ahhhhhh!!!!