Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there September sleevers! Any one out there?

Ok I got my approval today!!

Looks like Aug 31 is my day. Almost September. But good anyway! I wush everyone the best and I'll keep ya posted!! Diet class tomorrow to talk about preop and post op diets. Surgeon meeting on the 25th. Wow! So close!

Congrats! My surgery is just a few days before you - I'm having mine done this Friday, August 21st. Ours are close together.

I thought I was going to be with you guys for September, but approval came in on Wednesday from insurance and confirmed yesterday that surgery is scheduled for this Friday, 8/21!! Started my one week pre-op diet today.

How is the pre op diet going??

It's been fine. My doctor's instructions for pre-op has been 1 week of substituting one meal a day with a Protein Shake. Tomorrow at noon is when I start the prep, clean out (lol) and Clear Liquids until night before surgery. This week is flying by.

Hello! I am a first time poster and I just met my surgeon for the first time today and my surgery is Scheduled for September 16th! Everything is now moving so fast with appointments for lab work and such that I am starting to freak out! Everyone has said things will be fine but I still jitters thinking about this whole life changing event.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Welcome and thanks for joining our little thread! We also have a FB group if you or anyone else is interested. As far as advice goes read A LOT and then read more. Watch youtube, there are so many videos out there. Here are a few of the people I subscribe to: Clusie L (someone else mentioned her too), Mellie May, Finding Elizabeth, Laura VSGtube, Tina Russell, 1gorgeousgodzilla, K star and there are others. I watch a lot of videos. Think of your jitters as jitters of excitement! Your life will change if you let it. That's the whole point isn't it? :D

Hi - I am having my sleeve on the 17th of September in London....nervous...plottig my broth and soup-making now so I can freeze lots so all I have to worry about is making sure when my husband is eating stinky curries I have something to resort to without killing him!

Hi - I am having my sleeve on the 17th of September in London....nervous...plottig my broth and soup-making now so I can freeze lots so all I have to worry about is making sure when my husband is eating stinky curries I have something to resort to without killing him!

Welcome! You could always make a curry broth. That is if you like curry. :)

Shudder! Prepping chicken, beef and fish stocks for the clear liquids phase, Will freeze in muffin tins then pop out and bad so that they stack. When I can add stuff I will run them through a nutribullet with oritein and veg so that they are smooth.

Now a thai red curry I would do...but not a madras or roganjosh!

Shudder! Prepping chicken, beef and fish stocks for the Clear Liquids phase, Will freeze in muffin tins then pop out and bad so that they stack. When I can add stuff I will run them through a nutribullet with oritein and veg so that they are smooth.

Now a thai red curry I would do...but not a madras or roganjosh!

or a lemongrass coconut milk base broth. Yum! You should join our FB group! Message me your email and I can add you! :)

As always the invite is open for anyone who wants to join our Facebook group. Send me your email and I can add you, you don't have to be September either. Lol

I'm scheduled for surgery on 9/11. I'm super excited and will be starting my pre-op diet in about a week and a half. Eek!

I am having the sleeve done 9/1. On day 2 of pre-op diet. Hanging in there so far and trying to take it one day at a time.

I am having the sleeve done 9/1. On day 2 of pre-op diet. Hanging in there so far and trying to take it one day at a time.

We are being sleeved the same day???? Pre-op isn't as bad as I imagined(I am on a low calorie, low carb diet=regular food, just smaller portions); the hardest part so far is not drinking before, during, and after meals and watching everyone around me eating. I know this is something I'll have to get used to so I'm glad I'm getting a head start now. Good luck with everything! It's right around the corner!!!

Very cool. My pre-op is all liquids. I can have Protein Shakes and broth. I also hate artificial sweeteners, which has made it hard to find a Protein Shake. I have a feeling 10 days from now I will never want to see another Protein shake in my life. But I am excited about having the surgery done.

We are being sleeved the same day Pre-op isn't as bad as I imagined(I am on a low calorie, low carb diet=regular food, just smaller portions); the hardest part so far is not drinking before, during, and after meals and watching everyone around me eating. I know this is something I'll have to get used to so I'm glad I'm getting a head start now. Good luck with everything! It's right around the corner!!!

Ok, so I've read this entire thread and lots of great advice and info! I'm hopeful for a September date, but more likely to be in October. I am self-pay in Michigan and my journey will really get its "kick-start" September 3 when I meet with my surgeon, go to my first NUT class, and go to the required "free info seminar" (SMH, I've already been to 3 at 2 diff docs offices and they're all the same!) I've been on the "lets make this happen" roller coaster for 4 years and I just hope it all comes together in September. Now, waiting with nothing to do to make this happen faster is so hard. I believe knowledge is power, and right now I'm waiting to hear what all I'll have to do IF I'm approved and it's killing me!