Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 14 (or close )Sleeve Date Friends

Day 9 and also feeling great! First 4 days were awful, but quickly rebounded after that. Also, looking forward to moving past the liquid / Protein Shake diet.

Those of us 2 weeks out. How is soft foods going?

Surgery July 15th and feeling good, still feel like I'm hungry a lot. curious how much others are eating at this stage? Today I had oatmeal for Breakfast, not whole pack. 3/4 maybe. lunch Beans, 2oz approx. snack few almonds. dinner 1 scrambled egg. at my 1 week post op appt i was down 23 lbs , that includes the week bf surgery which was liquid only.

Reading about your high losses is amazing. Since surgery, I was losing about a pound a day and the last three days have only been .2 pounds a day. It is frustrating because I've been walking around three miles a day, getting at least 60 grams of Proteins and less than 50 grams of carbs.

My large incision is still pretty sore and it is still preventing me from bending over to tie my shoes or pick up anything. The other incisions are not bothering me at all.

I don't have a follow up until next Thursday so I am curious to see if the doctor feels that my weight loss is as expected.

Those of us 2 weeks out. How is soft foods going?

Honestly I thought I was going to die earlier today which led me to basically eat all day long trying to get food and nutrients in.

Surgery day 7/14/2015 - 5'6 HW 272 SW 258.5 CW 238. My surgeon is strict and I'm not allowed to have oatmeal or anything of the like.

You aren't alone.... I had my Surg on 13th... Have felt "hunger" for the past 3 days. In fact, right now I'm hungry & craving naughty food big time!!! :(

If I could just quote you in my own words :) that's exactly how I feel today! I want burgers and cheese and bacon!!!! chips omg!!!

I've been hungry ever since I've had this surgery, but I still love my sleeve. ..

I only have head hunger, which is hard to deal with, but not physical hunger. There have been some times I have missed the comfort of food but for the most part it is fleeting.

I am having 2-3 shakes and a seafood item for lunch, that I usually end up splitting up into 2 servings. 1/2 at lunch 1/2 2 hours later. Adding the calories of food makes it harder to keep calories and Protein in alignment but tracking everything really helps

Hi everyone! I was a July 16 revision, (band to sleeve).

I was curious about a couple of things.

1. About how many calories/protien is everyone getting in? Being 17 days out, I have a huge struggle with getting in fluids and protien in. I am supposed to be on just liquid protien and creamy Soups still for another week, and I basically have given up on trying because the thought of another protien drink is nauseating. I called and asked if I can branch into Greek yogurt and got that blessing. But I am currently getting in maybe 300-400 calories a day if I am lucky.

2. At 17 days post op, what stage of diet were you on? Any good recipes if yoj are post liquids? I am still on liquids, but I would kill to have a soft cooked egg. Or something more than a cream Soup. I am not asking for a burger, I am totally down with a healthy choice. I just can't take another shake. (I sound pathetic I know, lol)

3. Has anyone had sharp pains on their sides or an aching pain? My recovery was not as traditional. I have two small kids and went back to work after day 4. My husband has tried to help, but he works about 70 hours a week, so I have been doing my best to manage life with recovery while tending to all my duties.

5. How much can you take in in a sitting? I can do 1/2 cup and then I am done.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Congratulations to all of us on this excited journey!

My surgery was on the 15th.

I realized yesterday, I can be a bottomless pit for Water and anything the same consistence as water. So now I can easily drink an 8oz Syntrax Nectar. I used to have to stop after 2-3 sips but I can keep constantly sipping almost. I haven't tested it too much just because I get too distracted to keep drinking. I do know from watching my swallow test that fluids start emptying into my intestines almost instantly, but it is more like sand through an hourglass. So I think in theory if I take small sips I can drink almost constantly. So now I can finally meet my water goals without counting Protein Drinks.< /p>

I am on soft foods. soft scrambled eggs and soft fish.

I can't finish an egg. Partially because I remembered I hate scrambled eggs, I like mine poached or over easy. So I eat them very slow, and it gets cold and really disgusting before I finish.

I can eat 2-3 oz of fish/crab. I have to be very careful to eat it slow so I don't get too full. I love seafood, and it is too tempting to gobble it.

I forget to eat a lot so my calories are 300-500 most of the time. Today I got in 700 because I didn't work at all today and was not at the computer.

No sharp pains and I have been basically pain free since day 5 or 6. I was able to sleep on my stomach on day 4.

If I measure out 1/2 a cup I never finish it. I think 3 oz is really my max

Edited by OutsideMatchInside