Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the OCC

Will anyone else be in Tijuana at the same time? I will be traveling alone and would like to have a sleeve buddy.

I was there on 3/29. I went by myself, but got to know the other people who were having surgery the same day. I was nervous before the surgery and there were times when I would have liked someone to chat with, but I also was glad to have quiet and time to myself, too.

There's a forum for Mexico and self-pay-- you may want to post there, too and see if you can connect with someone that will be there at the same time you are.

Hi guys I have my VSG scheduled in a couple of weeks with Dr. Ariel Ortiz at OCC in Tijuana and would love to hear more of the experiences with them from any of you that may know anything and or may have had your procedure with him .... Just a part of a bit more last minute research ..... Thank you in advanced

Hi. I went to dr Ortiz too. I went alone. Out of the seven people having their sleeve on the same day, five of us came alone. The hotel was nice and everyone was helpful and very friendly. On the day of your surgery they will sit u down with a nutritionist and do a EGK to make sure your heart is healthy enough for surgery. You will only stay there for the night of your surgery. Ask for lots of Popsicles . You will inhale them. The next morning I was sent back to the hotel with a bag of Meds ($160.00 extra) and a paper with instructions. The pain medicine is a joke so bring your own if you have any. You go back once for a bandage change and then u get your drainage bag out on day 3 post op. Try to walk when u can. It helps with the gas. ( they pump your stomach up with air for surgery. It looked like I was six months pregnant ) My stomach didn't go down for about 10 days. If you have anymore questions, you can email me directly jmo9121120@gmail.com. You'll do great.

I did. It was pretty cool. They gave me some "lovely" stuff to drink and I immediately had an X-ray that I watched on a tv monitor.

Anyone have any plastic surgery in Mexico? I am not even half way to my goal and wouldn't consider plastic surgery for another year or so but my arms were already very heavy both because I was overweight but also genetically...and now my arms are...gross! I didn't think I would consider plastics after this journey but I would love to wear sleeveless shirts!

Anyone have any plastic surgery in Mexico? I am not even half way to my goal and wouldn't consider plastic surgery for another year or so but my arms were already very heavy both because I was overweight but also genetically...and now my arms are...gross! I didn't think I would consider plastics after this journey but I would love to wear sleeveless shirts!

Hi Covatila,

I was just recently sleeved and saw a lady from Louisiana there at same time that had an arm lift and breast augment and lift.... She looked amazing! Arms were so tiny.... And boobs so big!

Lol!!

Of course I didn't see her before so can't comment, but the end result looked very nice and she was thrilled! Dr Medina is the plastic Surg.

Hi guys I have my VSG scheduled in a couple of weeks with Dr. Ariel Ortiz at OCC in Tijuana and would love to hear more of the experiences with them from any of you that may know anything and or may have had your procedure with him .... Just a part of a bit more last minute research ..... Thank you in advanced

Hi Leysi,

I was just sleeved by dr Ariel Ortiz on April 15/14

The other person posting here has given a good review of events.

I will add that the care is very personal and thorough and if you have specific concerns/ allergies be sure to bring them up at the time of the nutritionist/cardiology checks. You can ask to speak to the surgeons directly, they work in a team.... Ortiz and Martinez.

All protocols are as good as US and in my opinion the experience of the surgeons is better.

This is a CENTER OF EXCELLENCE designated clinic/surgeon so they have to pass very strict protocol checks to get this designation.

My brother is a Gastroenterologist and he told me to find a surgery center with this seal of approval for best practices/protocols !

DO NOT take the pre op diet lightly..... The day of my Surg they cancelled a person because they had not lost enough weight to be safe.

You will be in very capable experienced hands.

Hey everyone.

Thank you so much for all the informative posts. Without them I could never have made the decision to book my surgery and pick my surgeon with confidence at OCC. Which I am excited to say is Monday August 25th.

I got instructions from Lucia today on pre op weight goal recommendations so I'm going to start right away and try to ease my way towards it and get into the Protein frame of mind. Let me tell you the one thing that gives me incentive is that in 4 months I will be given a tool to help me maintain any efforts that i put in now. That is really something to look forward to.

Anyhow thanks everyone, i look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Guys! Okay iv been researching getting the sleeve done in Tijuana! But got confused that there are two "Ortiz" - iv been talking with Janese from a lighter me - and have been doing a lot of research on Ariel ORtiz- and I really really liked Ariel Ortiz!!! But then realized that a lighter me would really be with Dr Elias Ortiz.... - I called OCC today and now I'm just super confused on who to get my surgery done from - yes Elias is much cheaper with a lighter me BUT I don't want to just go with who is cheaper of course .... But on the same breath iv heard so many good things about the process and surgery with " a lighter me /Elias Ortiz. - would love some advise!!!!!

Also when getting the surgery done with a lighter me - what hospital are you in ?? Mi hospital? Iv researched Jerusalem hospital not to crazy about that hospital so want to be clear on what hospital I would be in with what doctor.

Nickole

I haven't been to the mexico for surgery but if you search on here there is a lot of info on the dr's and hospitals that a lot of ppl like

Hey everyone. Thank you so much for all the informative posts. Without them I could never have made the decision to book my surgery and pick my surgeon with confidence at OCC. Which I am excited to say is Monday August 25th. I got instructions from Lucia today on pre op weight goal recommendations so I'm going to start right away and try to ease my way towards it and get into the Protein frame of mind. Let me tell you the one thing that gives me incentive is that in 4 months I will be given a tool to help me maintain any efforts that i put in now. That is really something to look forward to. Anyhow thanks everyone, i look forward to getting to know you.

Thats awesome and i think its a great idea to get a head start. my surgery was 2/17/14 and i started preparing myself in october when i signed my paperwork and got my surgery date. i started making small changes like substituting 1 meal for a Protein Shake. i bought all kinds of Protein Shakes to find ones that i really liked. i stopped drinking soda and alcohol...i believe thats what led my post-op diet to not be as challenging. i didnt think the pre-op was too bad either. i dont lose as much as other people, but i am happy with my weight loss. i feel great and have no complaints about my decision, it was the best decision i ever made!