Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

KCMAGU: Thank you so much for taking the time to post these recipes. They sound wonderful, and I am going to make some to freeze and have ready. I am being banded on Tuesday (YAY!) so I'm trying to get as prepared as possible.

Thanks again!

Sorry I have been MIA - been dealing with some major household issues (water coming in through wall w/ major damage, broken dryer, broken refrigerator, broken de-humidifier, and more on top of being crazy at work - I have never really been a stress eater - but these last coupe days i have (so I only did a couple day of liquids)

Wannabe1/2thewoman & Karirn - In regards to the red pepper Soup - I do make it unfortunately I am really bad about measuring when I cook especially with soup - but when I was at the store today I was trying to look at oz's and and such to see if I could write it out for you - it really is VERY EASY to make (the key is I make it to taste and desired consistency)

Ingredients

1 med-large onion, chopped

1 fennel bulb, chopped (opt)

1- 1lb bag baby carrots

4 cloves garlic (minced, chopped or crushed)

3 - 16.5 oz jars roasted red peppers (not in oil), chopped - save liquid

4-5 oz sun-dried tomatoes (either packed in oil, drained or the pesto)

1 large bunch fresh basil, chopped (1-2 of those clamshell plastic containers from store)

1 large plastic box chicken stock (can use broth - I prefer stock)

something spicy - you can use cayenne, or powdered chipotle - my favorite is to but a small can of chipotle peppers - puree them, spoon into ice cube trays (only 1/3-1/2 full)and freeze - once frozen put into freezer ziploc bag. I then add to recipes as needed - I use 1-2 for this recipe.

Splenda to taste (i usually start w/ 1/3-1/2 c.)

Directions:

Place the carrots into a microwave steam bag and cook as bag suggests (love these bags!), then rough chop them.

While carrots steam saute the onion, garlic and fennel in a little olive oil, over med. heat till soft

Add carrots, peppers, reserved pepper liquid, sundried tomatoes, basil and the stock (i start w/ 1/2 the stock - usually end up using it all and sometimes use more - I keep extra in the house)

puree using an immersion/stick blender (what i do) or in batches in a blender or cuisinart - till smooth - this is where the different amounts of stock varies - dpeending on desired consistency.

SALT TO TASTE - usually start w/ 1 tsp

Now to serve I place 1-2 oz plain nonfat greek yogurt in the bottom of the bowl and ladle over it 3/4-1c. of soup and mix - it adds Protein and makes it taste creamy then I top with grated either asiago, romano or parmesan cheese - but it's optional.

I love this soup so much and all my friends request it - I actually purchase 9lb cans of the roasted red peppers online and make big batches with 1/2 and then puree and freeze the rest- this is what also makes it hard to give you my directions

I hope this helps and you enjoy - let me know if you have any other questions

For the broccoli soup - it's similar - same onions, garlic and carrots (same process) then buy broccoli - (usually packaged as 3 heads in store) I chop into florets and include 1/2 the stalks shopped but peeled and steam them in the microwave steam bags after the carrots (I reuse the same bag) add into pot with sauteed onion & garlic, carrots then add 1/2 stock & 1/2 canned evaporated fat free milk and puree (again amount of liquid varies upon desired consistency)- season with salt/pepper to taste, italian herbs and sometimes add 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese.< /p>

LULUC-

That's why I love adding the greek yogurt when I serve it (I would have traditionally added the cream) - I have also added the canned evaporated fat free milk

that's a great substitute!

yesterday -

b- slice ww toast w/creame cheese & 1.5oz smoked salmon

l- spicy tuna roll (5pcs)

s- ostrich Jerky stick

d- bowl chicken/veggie/noodle Soup

slim-n-tn - you are very sweet! Thank you! I do love to cook and create - fortunately I get just as much, if not more joy cooking for others as I do myself - or I would be in big trouble.

I'd love to help in any way I can.

You help me just by posting in this thread. I take the things that you and luluc post and try them. I may not get my family to eat it, but I am trying new things. Thanks for being here!

B- coffee w/splenda, 2 slices bacon, 1 scrambled egg

L- mountain blueberry yoplait yogurt

D-boca burger, 1 slice cheese, green Beans

S-small piece of brownie w/ice cream

Edited by *slim*

Yesterday -

B - egg beaters, 3 slices turkey bacon, 1/2 slice of cheese

L - Bumble Bee tuna cup....so good and only 80 calories, 17 special k crakers

D - chili n' spuds, sprinkled with cheese

S - 100 cal Cookies

Today -

B - String Cheese - crackers

L - Bumble Bee Tuna Cup and Flat Out Wrap

D - Mexican Shrimp Cocktail - a few fries

S - 1 point chocolate ww cake (so good frozen!)

Edited by tweety3264

i am excited for the taste of lasagna without the barfing!

That is the reason I was eating it this week. I really wanted some lasagna, but was scared I would get sick if I had the real thing. It is really good. My family won't touch it just becuse they consider it "diet" since I will eat it after a fill.

TODAY: It's been hard _ I've been cooking for my neighbor boys who are helping me work on everything that is broken at the house - they can afford to eat bad stuff - So I've been eating some of what I cook for them - Have to go back to normal food for me!

B: mocha latte Protein shake

S: latte and 100 cal pack reduced fat girl scout Cookies

L: 1/3 pulled pork sandwich (couple bites of bun). 1/3 c. baked Beans

D: couple bites grilled sirloin (was a little tough for me), 1/2 c. macaroni and cheese and couple bites bbq roasted potatoes

S: apple crisp a la mode :thumbdown:

Saturday:

Slep late. B- NOTHING jUST HAD LOTS OF Water

L- Chinese buffet- small bowl salad, 1 chick drummie, 1 green bean, 1 sweet sour chick nug, 3 bites of pork

PB a little ;)

S- Sfree vanilla ice coffee about 16oz.

lots of Water

D- 3 very small pcs of totino's party cheese pizza

(my 9yr old ate the rest):thumbdown:

Lots more water

I had:

B - 5 spoonfuls of grits and glass of non fat milk

L - white albacore tuna w/ lite mayo, cottage cheese and lite pears and a few bites of avacado

D - tilapia filet cooked in a tiny amt of lite balsamic vinegar, few bites of peas and cottage cheese

no Snacks today

B-coffee w/splenda, yoplait strawberry cheesecake yogurt.

L-sliced turkey lunch meat (didn't stay down)

D-meatloaf, couple bites cabbage, couple bites squash

TODAY:

B: 1/2 chicken/apple sausage link, 1/2 cinnamon streusel muffin

S: skinny latte

L: mandarin chicken from panda express, 1/2 spring roll - all came back so had cheese and crackers later

S: snacked on cooking dinner

D: 1 slice grilled flank steak, scoop of potato salad, 1/3 sm. manicotti insides, large mojito

S: brownie sundae

Sunday-

B- 26 gram protien shot, lots of Water, few licks of choc icing(i was making a cake and cooking for family coming over for lunch)

L- few bites pork, 1/4c green Beans, 2 bites coleslaw, 1in pc cornbreadw/butter,1/8c mac&cheese,2 bites Soup beans

Dessert- small slice choc&pbutter cream cake :smile:

S- coffee, water, about 10 pecans, herbal tea