Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

5 days left of mushies/purees!

b-1/4 c applesauce

l-hot chocolate--bad I know, but I'm SO not interested in food during this pureed stage.

d-1 tsp mashed up chicken, 2 tbsp of watermelon, 1/4 c mashed garlic cauliflower

s-gonna have Decaf sf vanilla coffee tonight after I workout

KCMAGU: Your roasted red pepper and garden broccoli Soups sound really good. I am about a week away from surgery and am trying to gather as many recipes as I can for the liquid and mushy stages. Would you be willing to share your recipes? Or, if they are already posted somewhere on LBT, let me know and I'll search for them.

Thanks!

YESTERDAY:

B: couple bites cream of wheat, grande skinny vanilla latte

S: 3/4 slice banana bread w/ maple butter :drool: (making for neighbors)

L: 1/3 c. hummus w/ assorted veggies(red pepper, snap peas, baby carrots)

S: babybel cheese, veggie straws

D: 3/4 c. roasted red pepper Soup

S: Peanut Butter lowfat frozen yogurt

So yes i have been snacking the last few days and frozen yogurt has been involved (and I realized I never posted saturday's food which there was 1.5 beers and 5 fried mushrooms) but nothing to explain how since friday I have gained back the 5 lbs I lost since my small unfill on monday. I am fully aware of how Fluid shifts drastically in us - but seriously? Sooo - I'm going to hit it hard working out this week and go back to my post-fill liquid/soft diet for several days.

I made my 2 favorite pureed soups (roasted red pepper and garden broccoli) so my freezer is stocked.

I don't think I would ordinarily be so obsessed with a few lb. swing but before the 5lb regain - I had actually hit my 1st goal below and was 2 lbs away from the 2nd

Today is one of my long days - I'll post later tonight at work what I ate.

i had the meatloaf at cracker barrel today and it went down well because it was very moist. thought i would share.

Yesterday:

B: Special K Cereal and skim milk ( PB )

L: mini turkey and cheese sandwich and sun chips

D:chili 1 cup

Workout: none...had to work overtime

Punkster - I love meatloaf - it is always a hit with me. It's a good thing I like leftovers as that is usually what my lunch consists of.

Today:

b: small square egg bake with veggies, 1/2 banana

l: 4 meatballs, sf ff vanilla pudding

d: Think we are going out to eat, will probably eat the meat from a "Maid Rite" and a few bites of coleslaw.

4 days left of mushies/pureed food!

b-1/3 cup cream of wheat with 10 chocolate chips on top :ohmy:

l-pintos n cheese from Taco Bell

d-2 small bites of green curry chicken--YUM!

s-3/4 cup frozen yogurt

yesterday -

b- chocolate/banana vivanno

l- tuna & Tomato on slice WW toast

d- approx 3oz smoked beer can chicken & 3/4c of roasted edamame salad

s- chocolate malt Protein drink

*jamie - i know you lurk :thumbup:, finally made your edamame salad w/a few tweeks and it was GREAT. can't wait for leftovers today.....thanks for posting!*

yesterday:

B: egg beaters omlette with peppers & onions, turkey bacon, 1 slice 2% cheese

L: the insides of a turkey sandwich & chips, 1 chocolate chip cookie :thumbup: (free lunch at work)

D:baked bbq chicken(2 wings), baked Beans (spoonful), sm corn cobbette

I'm trying to cut down on the snacking and see if that helps me drop some lbs....I cant WAIT for my fill next week. This time I am not getting unfilled no matter how miserable I am.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches