Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Out of sheer curisoty, how soon after surgery did you have to buy new clothes & how often after that? I am talking undies, bras, pants, etc? Thanks in advance.

I am 1 month out and just getting into 1 size smaller. Otherwise I have to hike up the other ones constantly.

I'm a little over 5 months out from surgery. I bought a pair of skinny leg jeans a few weeks ago. Not only did they look decent, it felt pretty darn good as well. I've purchased work out clothing more than anything. My work/regular clothes are definitely looking baggy. Since I've hung onto clothes over the years, I have several sizes just waiting for me. Every few weeks I clean out the closet, the too big clothes go away - because I'm NEVER going to need them again. :D

@@LisaLouBop - I am only down about 1 size and I plan to do the same thing - get the larger ones out of the house!

About a month and a half out and down 1 size. Tried on a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear for about 4 years and I was able to put them on Friday and pull them up and button them. They were still a little tight but I was happy. So I said every Friday I'm gonna try them on to continue to see how loose they continue to feel.

I went and did a thrift store haul in the san francisco area after losing two sizes I was so unsure about what would be happening that I bypassed everything that was not a perfect fit. Major mistake. Now I start shopping for the next size about a month into a new size. I am well into 14's right now. I am picking up 12's in brands that I really like. I realized that I had ordered bras on clearance and thought when I got them that they would never fit - I am now on the last hooks for the bras. Still DDD in most brands, how odd!

The first bit of clothing was work out clothes. I purchased them immediately. I figured if they were a bit small I would shrink into them. I had my surgery February 20th ,2015 so It was cold, I hate the cold, so no one was going to see me in them because I stayed in the how on my spinner and treadmill. They are getting too big but they still work for now.

My mother sew so we initially sewed up the straps for my bras, that was about a month out. I went from wearing 44DD to a 44C now the 2 new bras I bough about a month ago are too big but I'm definitely going to wait before I buy anymore. Further all my tennis shoes are too big also and these sandals I'm wearing now are going to be the death of me. All I do is trip over my own feet. LOL.

Ok, so my estimates will probably ring true. My clothes are not horribly big, but I am noticing that they are starting to hang oddly on me, lol. Thanks everyone.

I have gone from size 28 pants to size 20 pants very quickly. I had to buy new pants about 2 weeks after surgery. Undies about a month out and tops and bras about 2 months out.

Size tight 24 to 18 in 4 months, I bought some things but not much

I'm two months out and have gone from a 32 pant to a 26; luckily I have clothes all the way down to 22s so I'm ok for a bit. New undies and bras at 6 weeks. I'll be hunting the sale racks!

@@AELee

My feet got smaller too, almost an entire size.

I shopped sales and clearances, buying a size down.

I've gone through a lot more pants, shorts, and belts than shirts. Ebay has been a great resource for cheap jeans.

I started at a 24... by 3 mos post op i was a size 16. Now at 5 mos i am in a size 12. I also found that my shoe size went down almost a full size.... which really stinks because i had a lot of shoes! That was one thing that was fun to buy when i was big so i bought shoes and not clothes! ! My biggest challenge is I always bought clothes based on if it fit i bought it....it was so hard to find clothes that fit that really that was the only criteria....now in a 12 i am always having to resist the impulse to but just because it fits! Trying to reprogram my brain is tough! Just because it fits doesnt mean i have to buy it!!

I shopped out of my closets all the way down to size 12. Prior to WLS, I never threw away any clothes that were nice.

And then ... I had nothing to wear!

So I started shopped at two types of place: (1) lower-priced joints, e.g., TJ Maxx, Target, Ross Dress for Less, JCPenneys, etc. and (2) a high-end consignment resale shop where I have found eeeee-mazing pieces for $10-$60. I'm talking St. John, Escada, etc. What deals!

Now that I'm a size 8 (still staggered by that development!), I've bought a few mid-range pieces at department stores and dress shops. But I'm keeping those purchases simple, classic and from sale racks.

I've also invested in two good bras from Victoria's Secret. Ready for the sizes? 34DD and 34DDD. Good freakin' Lord! I refer to each of them as "The Bra."

It's definitely time for new panties.

I've continued to buy new shoes and don't worry about those becoming too big. Unlike some others, my shoe size has NOT changed. Yes, my shoes are a little looser these days, but frankly, my old shoe size finally really fits me.

Truth is, I really need to get my head used to these new sizes. They still seem surreal.