Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So today I am starting my pre-op diet again after having my surgery rescheduled from April 28th to May 26th. Luckily, my girlfriend here at work is doing the liquid diet with me. For lunch, we took our shakes and walked to the riverfront. As we were talking we concluded that the first day of the liquid diet is not the worst, we think day 2 is.

Which day was the worst for you?

None of it was really that bad but then all pre-op diets are not equal lol. Mine was Protein shakes, yogurt and Gatorade. I made it for 14 days and it wasn't all that bad. I think knowing its temporary really helps. Good luck with your surgery!

I'm on day 5 of a 3 week pre-op diet. Mine is a shake for Breakfast a Protein snack, a shake for lunch, a fruit for snack them a "sensible" mealtime include 4 oz of protein 2 servings of starches and 2 servings of veggies. Day 1 was thy worst for me because I wasn't prepared for the shakes. I didn't have ones I liked. But it's gotten better. Thank goodness!

When I did the pre op diet which was 5 days full liquids and 2 days clears I found it much easier than I thought it was going to be. When I've tried to do a liquid diet on my own just to try to get back to basics, I've found it miserable. Not sure why it's different.

My pre-op diet has been a choice of lean Protein and unlimited non-starchy vegetables or a Protein Shake 3x's a day. No fruit, dairy, Pasta, breads or rice of any kind. I've got one more day left and then Wednesday I'm on all Clear Liquids. I'm starting to really get nervous at the fact that this is non-reversable. It's a huge commitment and I've been planning this for over 7 months, but the whole anesthesia thing has been a huge psycho factor for me so I'm trying to get my nerves under control. So many what if's to consider. I'm healthy with no real issues other than my obesity and mildly high cholesterol, so I've been afraid that the operation may actually create issues. I'm praying that is NOT the case!