Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid diet day 2 sucks!

I started my liquid diet yesterday and it really wasn't bad at all. When I went to bed last night I was full of confidence that I could do this. Now I'm on to day 2 and I am struggling a little. I'm trying to keep occupied, but I never noticed how many TV commercials were for food. Pinterest was full of recipes and I swear I could smell one of the taco casserole recipes through my iPad. I took a nap earlier, but that didn't last long. I just want to make it through this day and pray that it gets easier tomorrow.

What can I do? Help please!

Kind of hard to say don't think about it because it is all you will do BUT remember this is a short term thing your going to do to help you with the rest of your life. Take your time drink some broth and just feel the taste of what your drinking. We all feel the way you are in the beginning so it's normal and will get easier as the days go on

GrandDaddy is so right!!! And I made a list of all the reasons why I wanted to lose Weight, and every time I wanted to eat I read my list. And I probably read that list 5-6 times an hour those first few days. I just busied myself when I felt the head hunger try and take over. The rewards are so much greater, I dropped 16 pounds on my 2 week pre-op. And I was so proud I did it. You ca do it to. I have faith in you ????good luck ????

@@HedwigPotter You can do it. Look at the BIG picture. It is only a short time that you have to endure the preop diet. Then you have your surgery, and you are on your way to a slimmer healthier future. Wishing you all the best.

I have been on a liquid diet for over three weeks and it gets wearing. I joined a gym in April and have made good use of it. When I think I can't deal with not having something to chew that tastes good, I head to the gym. My first time there I struggled to walk slowly on the treadmill for ten minutes. Just a few weeks later I can walk on the first incline for a half hour, ride a recumbent bike for 20 minutes and then use the stepper for another 15-20 minutes. It feels so good and I rarely think about food anymore. Even better, I've lost 21 lbs and I'm mentally ready in every way for my surgery on Wednesday. I hope they clear me soon to get back to the gym afterwards. Two months ago I could hardly walk, and didn't want to walk. This journey has already done so much for me! If you really want this, think positive thoughts and keep telling yourself you can do whatever it takes. I'm 64 yo, I started at 277, and am 5'8". If I can do it, anyone can do it!

I also work full time and I have a slim husband who, although totally supportive of me, also likes his meals which I cook every evening. It's not easy sometimes but there is absolutely nothing I want more than to get to a normal weight, so nothing will get in my way this time!

I started a journal to go along with this journey I am on. It gives me a place to put my fears and my successes.

Yes the TV commercials are horrible! Half the stuff they show I would not want to eat anyway, and yet they make me crazy! I have been putting the sound on mute and getting Water to sip. Finally, I decided to get up and dress and take a little walk. By the next day I drove to my parents house to visit. I am almost at week three and I have been out to lunch and dinner with friends and family. I am feeling great! And thankfully, that first week feels like it was long ago.

Good Luck!

Another TV tip, in addition to putting it on mute: if your TV has the option, turn on the schedule menu (what's on in the next couple hours) while the ads are on. This usually minimizes the image so it's not so "in your face".

Stay off of Pinterest!!! I couldn't even look at it because of all the food!! Lol