Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So we have a scale at work-which I just discovered. It's a community scale for anyone to use. I just weight myself and I came in at 237.8lbs....now I'm a little hesitant to believe this due to me getting weight at the doctors office and I was 248lbs less than a week ago. This doesn't make sense. I have been working out but lately not eating well. I haven't had the surgery yet and I'm skeptical to trust this in fear of getting my hopes up just to be crushed......

Also, I'm starting to question wither I should have the surgery or not. Everyone keeps telling me it's the "easy way out", but they have No idea.....idk I'm just a bundle of mixed emotions. Sorry

Haha - I promise it is not the easy way out. The be quite honest, when I went to have this surgery I figured it would be a whole lot easier than continuing the constant weight battle. Well the joke was on me. This is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

Was it worth it? Yes. Would I do it again? Probably.

But don't ever believe that its the easy way out.

Your choice is yours alone. I hope you make the best choice for your personally.

Your post just caught my eye and I wanted to throw it out there that people can say what they want but this is sure as heck not the easy way out.

If you think the surgery is gonna make you lose the weight you are very wrong. It might help you but the onus is on you to do the hard work.

@@sharonintx is right on the money. I have worked just as hard to get this weight off as I ever did before. I just have the added benefit of this tool to help me with it.

Besides, I've lost weight a hundred times. It's keeping it off that I had trouble with. I believe with this surgery, I actually have a fighting chance of maintaining my weight this time.

That being said, you do what you think is best for you, and don't listen to ANYBODY that hasn't had first hand experience with WLS. What do they know, anyway? If.you decided to be a race car driver, would you take advice from someone who's never driven a race car?

Everyone telling me it's the "easy way out",

@@Big Opie

stay consistent using only one scale :)

ie refer/use ONLY the scale at home l

whatever the starting # is - go with that

it can be hard to ignore what other people say

they couldn't know what they are talking about if they say such an ignorant thing :angry:

per @@Babbs "If.you decided to be a race car driver, would you take advice from someone who's never driven a race car?" very true, love it!!!!

having the surgery is soooo NOT the easy way out :angry:

you can tell them I said so!!! :D

the sleeve or lapband or gastric bypass will "assist" you to loose the weight, and help maintain

but YOU must work with it - and it will work with you

YOU be nice to the sleeve - the sleeve will be nice back ;)

(in other words don't abuse your little tummy by eating too much, and the wrong foods)

you must follow many many rules for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life

eating small portions, and drinking lots and lots of Water, and much more

but the rules we are to follow are basic rules that the whole world should abide by

but "they" don't because its NOT so easy

if it were easy, then we would have a world full of normal weighing people

do we??? i dddddon't think so :mellow:

you need to read, gather lots of information

check out a seminar (take a friend, family member with you)

you'll get lots of info from the surgeon talking to the group

finding this board was great

supporting each other is the main name of the game

we are all here to ask and answer questions

give our thoughts, comments, experiences

all very important to read and learn

there is also a search area in the top right hand corner

we are not surgeons or NUTS (nutritionist)

we ARE all very smart!!!! (especially me :D )

at the end of the day always ONLY listen to your surgeon/NUT (or me :lol: )

check around on U-Tube you can read/find a lot about the surgery

watch videos from people that are going through the surgery process

hear weight loss testimonials

all very interesting

not sure if you already have surgery scheduled, or you are just seriously thinking about it??

this is a serious, life changing decision

"weigh" :lol: your options

if you think you can exercise and eat right

lose the weight on your own, keep it off for the rest of your life that's great!!!!

surgery is probably not necessary

but if you have lost weight many times over, just to regain

surgery might be the way to go

not the easy way ;)

but it is a great "thing" to do for yourself

be successful, start a new wonderful life being healthier and happier

good luck with your decision :)

kathy

it is SO not the easy way out. If I ate what I used to eat, I would not have lost an ounce. Seriously.

This subject came up at my support group last week. The NP running it said that she believes those who had WLS work the hardest and if absolutely not the "easy way out". She deals with WLS patients and those going through other WL programs. She could have been pandering to the crowd, but I don't think so. You really can't walk away from what you've done to yourself. You have to face your demons and change your relationship with food, and change your lifestyle or it's not going to work. Changing the size of your stomach (sleeve) and rerouting your insides (bypass, etc) helps, but it's just a piece of the puzzle.

...the mentality of people who think people shouldn't look at options that would help them baffle me.