Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st appointment went bad :(

:omg:oh my word why oh why dose everyone seem to diss the hospital group? im due to have my op with them at the end of july and with all the hyp im dreading it i know some people say its because they have to pay for their fills but my agreement package entitles me to have unlimited fill for the first year.:help:

PLEASE is there anyone out there who has gone with the hospital group and are pleased with the results as iv paid my deposit, have booked time off work and am feeling a bit daunted by whats being said:think

:omg:oh my word why oh why dose everyone seem to diss the hospital group? im due to have my op with them at the end of july and with all the hyp im dreading it i know some people say its because they have to pay for their fills but my agreement package entitles me to have unlimited fill for the first year.:help:

PLEASE is there anyone out there who has gone with the hospital group and are pleased with the results as iv paid my deposit, have booked time off work and am feeling a bit daunted by whats being said:think

Hi Sorry

I am one of the people dissing the Hospital Group and I am even taking legal action against them! I would however say that it is the aftercare that I have a problem with. The operation was fine although I did have to travel to Birmingham although I was offered Manchester originally!

I was promised all my fills and aftercare in Manchester but have had to travel to Sheffield and Leeds for both my fills. Both over 3 hours away from me.

The dificulty is in the North of England as the advisor left in February and they have not replaced her! There is no one to support you following your fill and to give the support that I have paid for in my £8.500 package!

I only have three fills included in my package. 1 under x-ray and the other 2 by a nurse. I had an over fill 2 weeks ago and have not been able to have it rectified as the nurse is on leave and would have to travel to Birmingham to have Fluid taken out as there is no one in the North that can do it!

I just wish I had shopped around before I signed up with them. Like I say though if you live down south these issues may not be occuring!

I do hope this settles your mind a little as I know what a worrying time it is prior to the operation.

Good Luck:clap2: I am sure it will be all fine for you x

surly your deposit is refundable, if so get it refuned and have a good look at the belguim doctors half the price and loads more cleaner then our hospitals.

If you have the op with who you booked with, there is nothing wrong with having your fills by other fill doctors.

thanks for you reply have you tried having your fills at nottingham although its still a bit af a way to go its alot closser than birmingham

Hi! This is my first post, so I'm a little nervous.

I live in the States, but will be in London June 18 - July 10. Do you think I am too close to schedule a surgery in Belgium for around that time? How did you all get in contact with the surgeons?

Does anyone know of any other good surgeons in Belgium just in case I can't set a date during that window? Is it required to do an initial meeting in the U.K.?

Has anyone gone by themselves? My husband has to work, so I would be going through the whole process alone. Is it naive to think I can do that?

Does anyone know if I would be able to get fills in the States if I am banded in Belgium?

Any and all information would be very much appreciated!!

I think before coming to London you should first find out if there is anywhere where you live or can travel to that would give you a fill without them actually doing the band fit. It would be a waste of money if you can't get a fill.

I don't think that it is too close to your visit date to London to make an appointment for your consultation in London and the surgery in Belgium, depends on who you are going with for your band.

I had mine done in Belgium with a Dr Dillimens but my consultation was in London and you can book almost within days of the consultation for your surgery.

Visit this website St. Jan Hospital | International Health Care Ltd.

You can phone the hospital in Belgium, they do speak very good English and they will answer all those questions and also tell you where you could go for your fills if you go through them. They also have very good hotels that they advise you to stay and their driver picks you up to and from hotel and hospital and back again. It's easy done on your own.

Tell them you would need to have consultation in London or Belgium and then surgery in belgium within those dates is it possible and do they have a surgery in your hometown or near by for your fills.

Good Luck:smile2:

Edited by heresdeb