Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August folks out there? I'm Scheduled for August 10.

Hi, I was banded Wednesday. Feeling good. Slept in my own bed (lying down) and am doing a little laundry today. (no heavy lifting).

When they went in to do the surgery. They said it would be outpatient (probably) but it turned out that I had a hiatal hernia to repair. That taken care of I had to spend the night. I went a total of 38 hours without food or Water before the swallow test. I did however get the iv. I was about to break down and cry when they said it was time for the swallow test. That was really cool. I got to actually see the placement of the band and how the fluids were going down.

I wound up having to stay another night because I was allergic to the blood thinner they give right before surgery. It's part of the Heprin family so they needed to verify it with another day of blood tests. So I got to stay two nights. One might have been expected but two I didn't expect.

My husband and I did however sleep good.

Right after the surgery they gave me morphine which made me very dizzy and I had dry heaves for the first day. Finally I told them no more morphine and they game me dilatted for pain.

At home now, the pain is totally almost gone and never was that bad. The worst of it was the shoulder pain from the gas. I had about 600 calories yesterday maybe less, and today I'm doing well. No hunger either and only a couple of times have I wanted to grab for something to chew, but it was just out of habit and not hunger. Hopefully this is going to be a good sign for me. I feel full all the time. Lots of burpiing.

How are you all doing? And how was your hospital/surgical experience??? My family has been great! Very supportive. What are your experiences?

Hi all, I was banded on Aug 9. All went well. The postop diet is killing me. Some say weren't hungry after banding...but not my case. If I thought I was starving on the pre op, this is a whole new class !! Any suggestions??

mslisa

Yes I have been up and around pretty much since the day of the surgery. I was in and out the same day and did a little walking that night. I havent had too much pain considering and every day it gets to be a little less. I havent had much problem with gas either. My boyfriend and I went to the movies yesterday. It went pretty well except that I felt like sleeping through the movie even though it was good. I am actually feeling a lot less sore today and am going to try to not take the prescribed pain meds today and just stick to liquid tylenol if I need something. We are going to do a little shopping today so I probably will need it.

yeah I know my scales arent broken lol. I had my boyfriend test them when he got home. My weight has been up and down since the surgery so ive not been paying a lot of attention to it right now.

Sorry to hear about the complications you had with your surgery. Glad you are home and doing well now. Have you been feeling hungry? I am on mushies now and at times feel like I am always eating since I am trying to eat slow but I still get hunger pangs in between. I have been averaging just over 900 calories a day. I guess I dont have much restriction as of yet.

Oh... and I cant wait to be able to sleep in my own bed. So far i have only been comfortable in the recliner.

Pammycakes

No I'm not hungry I can hardly get down two Protein Shakes and enough Water. I think it was about 600 cals yesterday. I wonder if it has anything to do with the hernia repair. Anyway, I really have to work at eating. Only 4 days out though. Keep me posted on your progress.

I'm surprised but I have no hunger at all, infact I feel like I just ate a turkey dinner all the time. I have barely gotten down 600 cals yesterday and today is no different. I'm going to just accept that it's that way for me right now.

I have a liquid natural appetite suppressant on hand if I had needed it but I don't , it's called hoodia. I get it from Source Naturals. But haven't taken any. Perhaps its the pain meds that are keeping me from being hungry. Anyway, I'll let you know if I get hungry. I sure hope not, but will be praying for you to get through this hard time. Hang in there.

MeanGreenRick is getting banded on Aug. 14 by Dr. Richard Carter in Arlington, TX

Thanks for all the support!

I was banded by dr. carter on the 24th of july. He is great. Good luck you will do great. Be sure and ask how long it will be till you are filled because they told me 90 days which is excessive compared to everyone else.

Hi I was banded on the 9th. I am not hungry. I lost 7 lbs since surgery. I had gained 9 lbs from the surgery : ( I had a lot of pain, and it is still bad, but better then yesterday. How many incisions are there suppose to be, I had 6. I felt like maybe they could get it from one angle so they

had to go somewhere else. I have 2 up by my breast, and was thinking

thats kind of high up. I am very happy I got this done, no regrets.

Patti

Hello fellow Ates ;)

I was banded on 8/7, and I'm at the hungry, cranky stage. Very cranky. I've done the liquid diet thing before - 15 weeks worth of shakes only, but I can't wait to get to real food. My doctor wants me to stick to liquid Protein shakes for 4 weeks to "maximize weight loss" before my first fill.

Grrrrr... :angry I'm hungry!!

Hello fellow Ates ;)

I was banded on 8/7, and I'm at the hungry, cranky stage. Very cranky. I've done the liquid diet thing before - 15 weeks worth of shakes only, but I can't wait to get to real food. My doctor wants me to stick to liquid Protein shakes for 4 weeks to "maximize weight loss" before my first fill.

Grrrrr... :angry I'm hungry!!

I don't blame you. Thank goodness my doc only keeps us on liquids for 24 to 48 hrs after the surgery then soft foods. I don't know that I could take 4 weeks. I hate sweet shakes. I need the taste of food not something sweet.

Good luck to you on your journey.

Hi all --

First a great big thank you to Marilyn for going through and figuring out how many of us there are!! :clap2:

Next love, support, prayers, incense and all that good feeling stuff going out to those who just joined the bandwagon. We are proud of you!! :lol:

Finally my own little horn toot: I lost the 10% of my weight requested by my doc. (I had my last pre-op visit today 'cause I take the bus to bandland tomorrow.) Ha! :whoo:

Let's get on the bus!

the mad frog.

weight.png