Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August folks out there? I'm Scheduled for August 10.

My date is the 20th getting nervous and excited. hungry all the time for the past two weeks on the pre-op diet but it is worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you are doing well today! I need all the positive and encouraging surgery and post surgery updates I can get today!!!! I can't believe how "out there" I am right now.......!:whoo::whoo::whoo:

I know it's this damn liquid diet thing that's really making me into a lunatic!!!!:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Hope you are doing well today! I need all the positive and encouraging surgery and post surgery updates I can get today!!!! I can't believe how "out there" I am right now.......!:whoo::whoo::whoo:

I know it's this damn liquid diet thing that's really making me into a lunatic!!!!:omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

Judi, What's the trouble? Are you tired of the liquid? Did you try it with a little crushed ice? I found that is helping me a lot. :tea: I was also told I could drink Crystal Light in between for flavor. Yum, something other than chocolate. I never thought I'd get so excited about a sugar free drink! :whoo:

For inspiration, there is a thread that has all of the members of this website and how much weight they have lost. Check it out, it's very cool and made me realize that 4 weeks of Optifast is going to be so worth it. Also, get on the scale and see how much you have lost. We aren't suffering for nothing!

I'm right here with you. I'm on day 10 of 28!

<p>OK--I am here to tell you that the heating pad does absolute wonders for the gas pain. This morning, my sore throat is gone (from the breathing tube), gas pain is relieving itself (gas x, Milk Of Mag because I don't think this is a great time to become const. which I am a lot), and tummy is sore. Tummy soreness=not painful like cramps just like what it is cuts and just sore. I have had cramps that have made me cry before and Iam not crying with these so I think it is a doable pain. Like, it is totally going to be worth what we are doing this for =)</p> <p> </p> <p>Judi--2 days chicka!!</p> <p>Band--Hang in there! You sound like you are doing very good on the liquids. </p> <p> </p> <p>How long does everyone have to be on liquids after their surg? Me =2 wks.</p>

Hello one and all. I will join joyus band land on Aug20th... I start my preop diet on Aug. 10th. Very excited and very scared. Looking forward to all my new life intertwined with all my new lap band friends. Thanks for all the information, good , bad and ugly. All the posts are very informative and wonderful... Good luck to each of you joining the jouney of the lap band in August 2007.:):whoo::whoo::whoo::tea:;):clap2::clap2:

Hi, I'm in Dallas also, well in Garland. Dr. Nick Nicholson was my Dr. I was banded Aug. 2nd and am feeling great. I'm still learning about my new band and my fingers are crossed for you all!!!

Hello, fellow Augustans! I will be getting my band in two weeks-- August 22nd with Dr. Ortiz. I am nervous but thrilled!

Hi Gang,

Tuesday is the day for me. Dr. didn't require more than a day of liquid diet...but, working to get blood sugar down. I will share more with you after I have the surgery.... I am inspired by your strength and encouraged by the GRAND results! Together...everyone achieves more!

<p>I have updated the list again sorted by date. If I left anyone off please let me know.</p> <p> </p> <p>Pre- op visit tomorrow. Time is passing too slow and too fast if you know what I mean.</p>

I am glad to hear that the pre-op liquids gets easier as time goes on. I am concerned about the stress it will be not to have real food. I too am excited and nervous about have this procedure. I really want this to work.

Thanks to all who post positive thoughts of encouragement.

new2tch

Trish,

How are you doing? I was banded on 8/7 and am 59 yo. I am sore but have my post op Dr. Appt tomorrow. Clear Liquids for now, but it's better than thos shakes..ugh