Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to the doctor to start this process of getting my lapband taken out and getting gastric bypass on April 19th, I have my surgery date for May 14! I can't wait to get this band out of me. I lost around 100 lbs the first year I had it then I couldn't keep things down I was throwing up a lot, kept going back to my doctor cause I started gaining weight back he asked my why I failed.... I felt terrible I thought I was the only one, that's how he made me feel anyway. I found a new doctor and he said they take out the lapband all the time , it's the band that failed. Reading all your posts I'm feeling better and looking forward to a positive new beginning.

I am in the exact same situation. Had the band for 9 years. Just met with a new surgeon who told me he takes out about 5 a month. He won't even put them in. I'm waiting on insurance now. Hopefully will be able to get this out SOON, and do a revision. I can't decide between the sleeve or bypass :). I also thought I was the only one!

So sorry about that surgeon!! I'm fortunate because I told my surgeon that I failed and he told me that the band failed me, so I had a more positive experience. I find it terribly embarrassing to have gone through surgery and couldn't lose weight with even that. I had mine in 2009, and now he tells me that at that time the band was THE THING and they were pushing it because it seemed like a miracle, but now only five years later they're constantly taking them out. I have my revision on Tuesday the 19th. By now you're recovering, hope all is well!

I'm home now, I'm so happy!!! I'm sore and get tired easy but I can handle this all I can see moving forward is positive! Knowing that lapband is out of me is awesome!!!!

I too am very excited. I met with my surgeon also yesterday and they have set my date for Band to Gastric Bypass surgery for June 10th!! Also, it is my husbands birthday. My band was placed the day after Valentines Day 7 years ago. Lots of trouble and weight regain, plus more. I am an OR nurse and scared to death to have the surgery because of all the complications that "may" happen. But really want the surgery to get he weight off, feel better, get healthy and decrease all the arthritic pain. I need to get back to nursing....... The pain and stiffness has prevented me from working as a nurse.

I have had all the preliminary work completed and found out that I have Barrette's Esophagus. So surprised but have been assured by my surgeon that the bypass is a great surgery to make this much better. Pray so......

Anyway, I am having the band removed and bypass all in one surgery. Any comments about one step or two step conversions.??s???

Thank

I was band to bypass all in one surgery and all went well. If your surgeon is comfortable/confident in doing it in one surgery you will be fine. Good luck!

Congrats! I'm excited for u! I had the band removed and bypass all in one, I'm wiped out easily, and where my port was is sore but nothing I can't handle , I was glad to get it done all at once.

I'm looking forward to my revision in mid June! Yayyy!!

I am having band to bypass revision Monday June 8!

Wish you the best tomorrow. Mine will be a week later on the 15th.

Congrats! I'm excited for u! I had the band removed and bypass all in one, I'm wiped out easily, and where my port was is sore but nothing I can't handle , I was glad to get it done all at once.

How are you doing now after the surgery