Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Revison NO RESTRICTION!

In December 2009 I received my lap band..it was the best thing i ever did! I lost 170 lbs within a few years time and managed to maintain it up until a year and a half ago...my lap band slipped and i started to gain my weight back. ...Unfortunately I waited over a year to get my lap band revision Which i received late February 2015....since then i have had 4 fills and I have absolutely no restriction..im getting frustrated. .my doctor says be patient. .that he doesn't want to fill it to fast and cause complications. .but with my last lapband i had restriction immediately with no fill at all! Im thinking possible leak but idk!

@@Stacy Warner Hi Stacy and welcome to BP. Do you know what type of band you had originally and what you have now? For instance did you have the much older 4cc band? Today the smaller bands are usually 10cc and then there are also 14cc band. Depending on how much of a fill you have could be why you are not having that restriction feeling just yet.

My Dr's are very conservative with their fill procedure as well usually giving only .5 of a cc each visit every other month!! It took me quite a long time to find my green zone and then after some medical issues and having a total un-fill it took me a while to get back there again and that time in between can be extremely frustrating, lots of hard work measuring and controlling your portions and choices of food etc.

You did an amazing job on your first round with the lapband I'm sure you are going to work it this time and lose the weight you want to you again.

@@Stacy Warner

Patience, most people don't get their first fill until 5 or 6 weeks post-op and then the second quite a few weeks later. So if you have already had four, it is likely your doctor is being very conservative with the amounts.

@lisacaron@lisacaron

The 4cc band was discontinued apart from in some Mexican clinics, by about 2008. I think I was one of the last to get it! Certainly, I had only been banded a year or so when everyone on the U.S. boards started getting the larger bands.

As I creep to green, my fills are 0.01 each. Sounds ridiculous but it makes a difference! I have a 14cc band.

Fills

0.10 seventh fill 07.80

0.10 sixth fill 07.70

0.10 fifth fill 07.60

0.25 fourth fill 07.50

0.25 third fill 07.25

2.50 second fill 07.00

4.50 first fill 04.50

@@Stacy Warner

I don't blame you for wanting better restriction, but you're only a couple months post op ( for the revision ). Having the restriction you describe immediately after surgery the first time isn't the norm I read/see on here. Possibly that could have been a reason for the slip?

Maybe you could ask your doctor to give you a fill using fluoroscopy if they have it available. That way he can SEE what your restriction looks like, instead of just guessing. Much, MUCH better than blind fills....and in the end, probably cheaper. Best wishes!