Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

.......WHAT HAVE I DONE

I'm 8 days out and although I fill good. I have all the sudden feeling Hungry ( idk if it's real or not) I started today with a sweet potato blended in the mixer and only ate 4 bites. But 20 minutes later I have that empty hungry feeling almost the growling. I'm getting all my Protein in but I'm not getting all the liquids in. I feel I have messed up. I know I feel better, sleep better but really.... Hungry feeling all the day!!!!

Sweet potato is all carb, so it's not too surprising that it kind of "slides" through. How long do you feel satiated after drinking a Protein shake or eating an egg or other really high Protein food?

Today is my first step up day from liquids. I was told to try mashed or sweet potato first because it would let me know " if I'm ready" for this phase. When I drink a shake it fills me up about an hour and half or so. But here's the thing I didn't even eat Soups in the first phase just made me nauseated. So I stuck with popsicles and Water and shakes. My goal tomorrow is to try the egg and I've been trying to do a lot of research today on what things I can try right now. ?

1st let me say my doc told me to take this med i took in hospital for nausea, its called zofran or promethazine..this is the stuff that has enabled me to be able to eat. Now someone told me to try potatoes, but they hv carbs so thats not the way to go. I find the a soft scrambled egg, and u still since u never really prepd becuz of nausea u can still try sum Soups again. Even i tolerated those roast beef deli thinly sliced and a chz stick was awesome for a couple weeks, then 1 morning i did not like it anymore! So are you taking nausea pills? Best wishes

You probably need to eat something with more Protein...maybe a scrambled egg? You could also try adding some unflavored Protein powder to your potato to up the Protein.< /p>

I know someone told me when I was early on that thirst and/or stomach acid can mimic hunger. You said you don't get all your liquids in, so maybe you're really thirsty. My doctor OK'd taking Prilosec that first week and right away I felt less hungry. So between the liquids and the PPI, I felt much better. I find this is still true...so if I'm hungry the first thing I (try) to do is drink and see if it continues.

Maybe try calling your doctor or NUT for advice? Good Luck!!

Forgot to remind you carbs metabolize as sugar! And sugar makes you hungrier also, with that being said i wld not make those a big part of the diet..I am hurt been living off snack oack sugar free vanilla pudding and choc. So they made them with 14: grams of carbs .how stupid is that! Since i am 30 carbs allowance daily half is not freaking pudding, i normally read the labels. I dont know how this one got past me...

I love all the advice we get on her. I was on a week of liquids and then able to love to puréed foods as of Tuesday im on them for 2 weeks. I actually feel so much better today. I worked really hard yesterday to make a schedule of eating and what to eat. I think now why couldn't I do this years ago. But I tried 1/2 of egg (2oz) took Vitamins 30 mins later and now I just had 2oz of yougurt with Protein. Waiting 30 minutes and gonna drink a shake. I found through a lot of phone calls and a lot of Internet searching to teach your body to eat but stop when full and try something very small every two hours or so. Work on getting calories up to the 800 mark.