Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy heart burn!

Sleeved on 4/8. No issues, no complications. Took the prescribed Zantac after surgery. About 2 days before my two week appt, I've been getting heart burn. The doc, which isn't my normal doc said it wasn't normal since I didn't have any issues immediately following surgery, and prescribed something stronger. Prior to the surgery, it wasn't an issue either, what gives?! Does anyone that has been sleeved have to take meds daily for this dreaded heart burn?

I was getting some mild heart burn after surgery. I went to cvs and bought their brand of Pepsid. I just have to take it before bedtime and I'm fine. Some days I don't need it at all but it helps me more than Tums. Certain foods could be aggravating you also

I have heartburn so bad i throw up. It hurts like crazy, I use Zantac but when I go to the Dr. I am

going to get a prescription. I am also chewing tums like popping M&M's. I never had it in my life

until surgery. We have to hang in there.

I take acid blockers twice a day. I think it is very common for surgeons to prescribe them for the first few months, and then taper off or stop them a few months out.

I had the same issue. It felt like the stomach acid was burning my esophagus. My Dr. put me on Protonix and it has really helped. The Dr. said that this is common for the first few months with sleeve surgery.

Hopefully it'll go away. I may just have to cut my esophagus out, lol.

I had it CONSTANTLY with my band but only twice since I was sleeved! I know I'm not much help, but it doesn't seem normal to me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches