Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well it's 5am in London now. Day 7 contemplations.

Have been awake a lot of the night with gas pains (that feeling it's right up to the top of your throat). But a week on I generally feel ok.

I have no desire to even try to cheat. This is not available on insurance in UK. The NHS offers the surgery but I wouldn't have qualified without gaining a bit more weight which seemed crazy. So we've coughed up our own cash for this. I can't even contemplate cheating at the price this has cost.

My day 1 - 3 regrets have gone. It's taken a bit more out of me than I expected. The allergic reaction to anaesthesia didn't help. But today I'm going to pick up and cuddle my baby:-) and in a few days, my toddler.

And then in no time at all I'm going to be running with them, taking them for bike rides and swimming. And rocking some gorgeous work dresses and heels. And I will have my self esteem and confidence back.

And I will ALWAYS struggle with my food issues. But I will find ways to cope. Because I am never coming back to this weight. Never. I owe it to my family and to myself. This is a good thing we have all done. And positivity is the name of the end of my first week. If a little sleep deprived;-)

Great attitude and honorable. I agree with you. I love being a nurse and I love taking care of people. I have never done anything just for me. This time this is for me! I don't want to cheat either. That is what got me to this weight.

Well ladies I am admitted to the hospital. The oral Levaquin given to me gave me watery diarrhea and I began having dry heaves. So I am NPO and having a fluoroscopy tomorrow.

Hope you feel well soon!

The fluoroscopy showed I am healing perfectly. My Dr said it was the Levaquin. The diarrhea was a side effect. Because I was post op only a few days it was impossible to stay hydrated. It happen so fast. I began dry heaving and had my daughter rush me to the hospital. He said it was good I realized what was happening and rushed to the hospital. My electrolytes are all out of wack. I have had so far my potassium, phosphate and they will be replacing my Calcium. But I have not had any diarrhea since yesterday. I had nausea this morning but that's because my electrolytes are out of wack. But with my electrolytes are being replaced so I am feeling better. So my diet was changed to clear diet. Ice chips never tasted sooooooo good!

The fluoroscopy showed I am healing perfectly. My Dr said it was the Levaquin. The diarrhea was a side effect. Because I was post op only a few days it was impossible to stay hydrated. It happen so fast. I began dry heaving and had my daughter rush me to the hospital. He said it was good I realized what was happening and rushed to the hospital. My electrolytes are all out of wack. I have had so far my potassium, phosphate and they will be replacing my Calcium. But I have not had any diarrhea since yesterday. I had nausea this morning but that's because my electrolytes are out of wack. But with my electrolytes are being replaced so I am feeling better. So my diet was changed to clear diet. Ice chips never tasted sooooooo good!

Yaaaay! So glad to hear!

@@abbyrn27 how did you get that body weight ticker?

Had my 1 week follow up today and it went well. Incisions healing nice. He moved me to full liquids. Is anyone on my fitness pal?

I too am self pay. My insurance doesn't cwover the surgery. Thankful that my Dr. has the Blis inclwhathnudwhatsed in my package.

What is a blis?

Had my 1 week follow up today and it went well. Incisions healing nice. He moved me to full liquids. Is anyone on my fitness pal?

So glad it went well! Are your incisions 'undressed' now? ????

I am on Fitness Pal. Buddy up? Would be great if we were all able to support on that

Thank you! They covered the incisions with a clear tape kind of like a liquid bandage. He said it was ok to go ahead and peel them off. I did so for the smaller ones but still have the tape on the big one. I'm scared to let that one go lol

And yes buddy up! My user name is steph8200 :-)

I'm too scared to take any of mine off????

I checked the scale today since today marks 1 week post op. I've lost 11 lbs :o I went for a walk yesterday and have been tolerating fluids pretty good. I see the surgeon tomorrow so I can move to full liquids stage

Awesome!!!! I'm down 10! Can believe how fast is falling off.

Anyone else have times where you feel like you need a few more calories? I've had a couple episodes of what I think is low blood sugar. I'm not diabetic but I had gestational diabetes so I know the feeling well. Any thoughts?

yes, I find that focusing on Protein only sometime does not get me energy in the near term and occasionally gets me light headed. I adding a few more carbs in when one of those low points hit me and I find it passes quickly. My wife made a package of instant mashed potatoes 3 days ago, which I will get a tablespoon of and then add some chicken broth too. Heat and mix to a consistency you like (can be Soup, can be creamy). lunch or anytime I'm feeling weak.

Has taken 3 days to eat half a package, so don't think I am over doing it. Just my .02

I think I need to start watching electrolytes. I'm very concerned about dehydration, etc. I may look into keeping some gator aid around and using that for some additional liquid to head those issues off. Thanks for sharing and glad your on the mend.

First post op appointment tomorrow and feeling pretty good. Hoping to get my drain out and get cleared for light gym workouts. I can literally see where my body has eaten the muscle out of my arms, shoulders and legs over the last week and need to get that muscle loss to stop.. Also, I'm hoping to move to squish /purée as well.

I'll post my weight loss after getting on the accurate scales at the dr. Office.

Edited by craigcu

I'm too scared to take any of mine off????

must be dr. Specific. I never even had dressing on my main 5 ports. I think they painted them with a liquid skin. I've not had so much as a band aid and the sites look great. My drain port has required a dressing which I changed a couple days ago, all good on that site as well. But wounds usually close quickly for me, so mileage may vary by individual. I bet they are just fine..

Edited by craigcu

Thank you! They covered the incisions with a clear tape kind of like a liquid bandage. He said it was ok to go ahead and peel them off. I did so for the smaller ones but still have the tape on the big one. I'm scared to let that one go lol

And yes buddy up! My user name is steph8200 :-)

I'm starting to be much more focused on my fitness pal, so having buddies would be great. My user id on mfp is craigcuer.