Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Tummy...and much to do about nothing?

So, it's been a little over 2 days since surgery and I am on a clear liquid diet this week. Monday will bring a new eating plan. I'm fine with the plain liquids, I'm still learning my way around my new tummy but what gets me are the noises and goings on in that new little pouch. My last Water was 2 hours ago and I have woken up with sounds and bubbling going on that have me wondering...I mean it was just Water, why all this? It sounds to me like the scene in Titanic when the metal of the ship gives way and the whole thing begins to go down...what is up with all this? lol

Gurgling noises appear to be normal, annoying, but normal. I'm still having those noises anytime I drink or eat something and it doesn't matter what it is. Sometimes the noises are so loud others will hear them. :rolleyes:

My gurgling was out of control in the early days! It does get better as your swelling goes down and you heal up. I'm still gurgly from time to time now (8 months post-op), but I don't think it's any more frequent than it was pre-op at this point.

I suffer from pretty severe GERD, and I still have to take a PPI, but my stomach still is noisy at 8 months out!

Doesn't bother me much, except for social situations. I love the looks I get sometimes....

Thank you guys...seriously feel like someone removed my stomach and implanted a T Rex embryo...but I am getting used to it and am not so scared by it. When it is at its worst it does appear to signal a precursor trip to the ladies, But all in all I'm getting used to all the new quirks while I'm healing.

Hi MissLiss - yes it certainly is a ride getting used to the new tummy! All sorts of interesting things happen but it's all normal. My friend and I had our surgeries on the same day (same surgeon) and she has named her tummy Dory because of all the noise it makes - like the sounds Dory makes in the movie Finding Nemo! I named my tummy Princess Tummy because she has been very particular about what she likes and does not like. No messing with the Princess Tummy! I just follow her lead and that's the beauty of it for me anyway.

Take care!

Trudy

I'm glad it's normal. I'm 3.5 days post op and the grumbling started today. It hurts when I'm standing and feels weird lying down. Could it also be a sign we're hungry?

@@elladvyne it took me at least 5 days until I sorted out all the goings on and recognized the feeling of hunger and sated it with Jello. For me, hunger could certainly be in there but as its own entity I didn't find it quite so fierce. This may be a little TMI but my rumblings and gas finally found an exit out the back...once that happened it took another day or two to some normalcy as I know it. I also discovered that 'dumping' can happen in the clear liquid stage. I was guilty of sipping this super yummy broth I made too quickly and I think that was a part of it too. I'm on pureed food now and I understand a little better about how long to take to eat something and feeling full. This is an interesting journey to be sure. :)

I çall mine the wookie because of its incessant bellowing. Its gotten worse lately. Ornery thing.

Hahaha- I love the names everyone has shared

I'm two years out and it still happens. It can be loud enough for others to hear if its quite while I'm eating.