Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My one chance, don't want to screw it up!

So I know these first few months are crucial to my weight loss, I really Want to take advantage of it. I feel like it's a gift & I want to use it wisely. I'm about a month out, experimenting with different softer foods. I feel like I'm eating too much fat, is this going to slow down my loss? Or is that some of my old dieting mentality? I'm still at around 600 to 700 calories, fat is around 30 to 40 grams, carbs around 40 and Protein 45 to 60. For instance, today was Greek Yogurt, Crab & Avocado salad, half piece cheese for snack & ricotta bake. (low fat ricotta, sauce, mozz chz). How am I doing? Had surgery in Mexico so no Dr advice, & I don't eat red meat or chicken.

Why can't you get advice from Mexico surgeon? I thought you can call or email for such support. You could see a nutritionist specializing in WLS

. Who was your surgeon?

they gave me advice for the food stages, (liquid to soft etc) but nothing specific beyond that. Dr Ponce DE Leon.... I asked the coordinator other question, and it was never answered.

I think everything looks good, except maybe boost the Protein. Most goals I see are for 60-80 g protein... so you might want to work on increasing the protein.... or just add a Protein Drink once a day to boost it. Everything else looks pretty good to me!

That is unfortunate that they do the surgery and do not offer simple advice. There are books and websites that provide sample menus, nutrition advice, etc. I bought several on Amazon but have not read yet since I did not have procedure yet. Still need to select a Mexico surgeon.

yes, a downside of surgeon. I picked him for his 20 years of experience. I have read a lot online of menus, I guess I would like to hear first hand from ppl who have lost what ranges they stayed in

I think you are doing just fine from the info you've given. I know that me and many other sleevers don't track fat at all. I eat full fat cheese, dressings, mayo etc...just in smaller quantities. The only suggestion I would give is try to up your Protein a little. Try to make sure you're getting 60 grams or more a day.

Keep up the good work! You're doing great!

It can be challenging to do, but my NUT recommended staying under 20g of carbs per day. Seems to be the biggest "danger" for weight regain.

600-700? You are setting yourself up for one hell of a stall, seem a bit low to me, your body might freak out a bit

600-700? You are setting yourself up for one hell of a stall, seem a bit low to me, your body might freak out a bit

She's only a month out. That's about the perfect amount of calories for a month out.

I am also about a month out. I am usually under 20g fat per day. My doc said the goal for long term is 30-35.

How much have u lost in that month? Im 3wks out only 17lb down, feel as if it should be more

I'll actually be a month this Saturday (2 more days) and I'm at 17. Hope to be 20 by Saturday!