Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 weeks post op and am doing well with the soft and semi - soft foods. Love the ricotta bake! I haven't really craved anything this far but today I am totally craving pizza. I just can't get it out of my head. I am not hungry and I know I won't have a piece but I was just wondering if anyone else out there has had cravings and what they were.

Oh,yeah, we all have them. I try to think of healthier ways to have my cravings, for example, pizza. Make your sauce, season how you like it, heat it up. Wrap the pepperoni around a cheese stick, then dip it in the sauce! Or, wrap a thin slice of cheese around a green pepper spear and dip.....Little carbs, lots of Protein, lots of flavor! Try this with other favorites. PLAY with your food!

Everyone's journey's are much different than the next person. I didn't really have a lot of cravings post op. In fact the smell of food literally made me nauseated. But I've had friends tell me the exact opposite, that their cravings came back almost immediately. So what you're experiencing is not uncommon. You are not alone! You're just going to have to stay a bit stronger during this time. Hopefully its not so bad and the feeling will pass quickly. @@crayon67

I am 4 weeks post op and am doing well with the soft and semi - soft foods. Love the ricotta bake! I haven't really craved anything this far but today I am totally craving pizza. I just can't get it out of my head. I am not hungry and I know I won't have a piece but I was just wondering if anyone else out there has had cravings and what they were.

I too have been craving pizza. I'm going to make parmesan crisps tonight and dip them in marinara sauce to hopefully satisfy that need for Italian. Ricotta bake is delicious, by the way, but didn't last long in my house cause EVERYONE liked it too! ????

Parmesan crisps sound delicious as does the pepperoni wrapped cheese stick. Great ideas - thanks ladies :) Where did you get the recipe for the crisps? And @@LipstickLady - I am right there with you - that's why NO pizza :)

Parmesan crisps sound delicious as does the pepperoni wrapped cheese stick. Great ideas - thanks ladies :) Where did you get the recipe for the crisps? And @@LipstickLady - I am right there with you - that's why NO pizza :)

Bariatriceating.com. Lots of recipes there. For the Parm crisp recipe, you need a muffin pan, you use freshly grated Parm, spoon a tablespoon into your muffin tin compartments, flatten the cheese, and let it crisp for 6-8 min in the oven.

Edited by brandnewme2015

Thank you @@brandnewme2015 for the recipe. I used a muffin pan for the ricotta bake. I measured 3 oz per "muffin" and it worked out perfect.

Ye old head hunger will pop up every now and again. I've been using this as an opportunity to get creative in the kitchen and get the same flavors without self sabotaging.

I will admit that I've given in twice to cravings and after I ate it, I lost interest in those foods. Lately, it seems like I eat to eat but nothing is appealing . As far a pizza, every Friday a pizza shop has been delivering a free party size pizza to us at work. I take 1 piece, eat the topping and throw away the crust. It hits the spot

Besides cravings, I dream about food too. I've even had feelings of wishing I could still eat as much as I want. But in a way, I am, it's just that I want to stop now. I am full. It's odd having the food taste in my mouth for so long after a meal. Didn't happen before because I would always drink something. Now I don't. Anyway, I look forward to the little pita bread or whole wheat tortillas to make a pizza out of. I must confess though that I gave into my craving for olives and ate 5. I chewed well.