Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I m 5 weeks post op.... How and exactly do you guys eat?

I m eating my fish and chicken and milk .... Can't say exactly how much Protein is going in, must be 70gm for sure... Are you guys eating any fruits? I have my banana ????in the morning and since summers are here, I have started eating watermelon ????. I can get a lot more watermelon in like around 300gm or so, I feel I m worried it appears more for 1 sitting. And I eat every 1 hour.

So far I have lost 22 pounds, and I lost 16 pounds post surgery. Started my walking since 5 days now, I do 40mins on the treadmill, around 5k steps. I wish it would melt faster.

Quick question, if I up my working out, is it like the body gets use to the working and the weight won't come off easy??!!!?!?!

I m 5 weeks post op.... How and exactly do you guys eat?

I m eating my fish and chicken and milk .... Can't say exactly how much Protein is going in, must be 70gm for sure... Are you guys eating any fruits? I have my banana in the morning and since summers are here, I have started eating watermelon . I can get a lot more watermelon in like around 300gm or so, I feel I m worried it appears more for 1 sitting. And I eat every 1 hour.

So far I have lost 22 pounds, and I lost 16 pounds post surgery. Started my walking since 5 days now, I do 40mins on the treadmill, around 5k steps. I wish it would melt faster.

Quick question, if I up my working out, is it like the body gets use to the working and the weight won't come off easy??!!!?!?!

Many times fat turns to muscle so the scale will not differentiate between the two. Another thing is the more we need to lose the faster it comes off. Maybe go back to the start, in other words right after surgery. The way we eat and drink immediately after surgery really puts a limit. I know that I have to set a 30 min timer so I know that I am drinking enough fluids and having enough Proteins. Hope this helps some.

I'll be 6 weeks post-op tomorrow. I can still only eat 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup before I get full.

Breakfast

• During the week I always have a Premier Protein shake. 160 Cal, 30g Protein, 5 Carbs, 1 sugar
  • During the weekends I will have 1 egg with a slice of cheese - 130 Cal, 9 Protein, 2 carb, 1 sugar

Lunch/Dinner Items - Some of the items I like to have.

• Swanson - White Premium Chunk chicken Breast (3 oz Can), Best Foods* - Light Mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp, and Valasic - Relish, dill, 1.5 Tbsp, Nabisco - Wheat Thins Original, 8 pieces (31g) - 176 cal, 14g protien, 14 carbs, 2 sugar
  • Starkist - Chunk White Albacore tuna In Water 3 Oz, Valasic - Relish, dill, 1.5 Tbsp, Best Foods* - Light Mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp, Nabisco - Wheat Thins Original, 8 pieces - 186 Cal, 17g Protein, 13 carbs, 2 sugars
  • Carls Jr. - Charbroiled Santa Fe chicken Sandwich No Bun, no lettuce - 350 cal, 27g Protein, 7 carbs, 3 sugar
  • Deli meat - Dietz & Watson - London Broil Roast Beef, 4 oz - 140 Cal, 24g Protein, 2 carbs, 2 sugar
  • Deli meat - Dietz and Watson - Gourmet Lite Turkey Breast (G), 4 oz - 101 Cal, 22g Protein, 2 carbs, 2 sugar
  • West End Cuisine - Grilled Meditarranean Chicken Skewers, 1 skewers - 75Cal, 12g Protein, 2 carbs, 1 sugar.

This weekend the wife and I went to the movies and hit up Lazy Dog Cafe I got this and split it into my lunch and dinner.

• Lazy Dog Cafe - Chimichurri Mahi Mahi, 0.5 Serving - 320 Cal, 19g Protein, 18 carbs, 0 sugar

The obvious statement is everyone is different. I have been going to the gym 6 days a week since day 4 post-op. I typically do the Elliptical 30min a day and I average 8500 steps a day. I just starting doing the C2 5K regiment 3 of the 6 days week.

Edited by OneDollarBill

Holding up well and you?

I'm 10 weeks tomorrow although it feels like it has been much longer. I have lost 67lbs. My food intake seems to have increased the last week or so. I'm at a full cup of food. I also seem to need a small snack some days. On those days I really like the Quest Protein bars or one of the Oscar Mayer "P3" packs. I just make sure to log everything in MyFitnessPal.

Edited by OneDollarBill