Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddy's in Manchester

Thank you c2 ! I leave for the hospital at 1 pm and I feel as if I'm in a dream . How are you getting on hope you are improving every day x

Thanks emalou47 for that. I feel that if i can cope without the morphine i will try, and maybe ask for a different type of pain relief, however who knows, i may be begging for the stuff after an hour or 2 post op. But yes i agree, take it slow and dont try to rush my recovery period. It's just as i am having my surgery abroad i am only booked in hospital 2 nights and then a hotel for 2 nights which is just across the road from the hospital, i feel that i will be pressured to get up and ready for the trip back home. Defo not looking forward to throwing up blood, but better out than in i suppose. Oh the joy's i have to look forward to. Lol. But i know it is well worth going through to be healthy and happy and up for anything mommy to my 2 yr old daughter. Cnt wait for the transition to begin. Bring it on!!!

Thanks emalou47 for that. I feel that if i can cope without the morphine i will try, and maybe ask for a different type of pain relief, however who knows, i may be begging for the stuff after an hour or 2 post op. But yes i agree, take it slow and dont try to rush my recovery period. It's just as i am having my surgery abroad i am only booked in hospital 2 nights and then a hotel for 2 nights which is just across the road from the hospital, i feel that i will be pressured to get up and ready for the trip back home. Defo not looking forward to throwing up blood, but better out than in i suppose. Oh the joy's i have to look forward to. Lol. But i know it is well worth going through to be healthy and happy and up for anything mommy to my 2 yr old daughter. Cnt wait for the transition to begin. Bring it on!!!

Sugarbabe! It's great to read your story. I live in Northern Ireland and I'm flying to Manchester to have surgery in December at BMI Alexander Hospital. I wondered what it was like flying home? I too will stay 2 days in the hospital and probably 2 nights in a hotel. Can you share your experience? Thanks!!

Hi I had mine done at the Spire Manchester hospital, after attending the 2 year weight loss plan my doctors would not allow me to go through the procedure on the NHS due to my age which was 24 at the time even though I had gone through 2 years on the management course plus another 2 years worth of councelling and maintenance all of which was a complete waste of time as if I had known I would of have to gone privately I would have done years ago.

Hi there! Just wondering who your Doctor was. I'm looking for anyone that's had Dr. Basil Ammori. My surgery date is early January. Many thanks and your post was a fantastic read!!

I had Basil he is an amazing man honestly you can ask him anything he was very honest open and his team are excellent

I had Basil he is an amazing man honestly you can ask him anything he was very honest open and his team are excellent

Excellent Emalou! I am going to the BMI Alexander Hospital. It's great to hear from someone who has had the same surgeon.

Okay that's not far from me I was at the Spire Manchester hospital for mine. If you want to know anything let me know... I was over 27 stone when I started this process in December last year I am 14 stone 9 now I had my surgery on 17th march