Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting discouraged!

Don't give up I know the feeling it has taken me 4 months to get my surgery and I'm scheduled for July 27th!

Is anyone out there really early in the stages? I have 6 months of medically supervised weight loss and I'm only a couple of weeks in and really struggling. How am I supposed to cut what I eat in half overnight? 1500 calories just is not cutting it pre-surgery. How am I supposed to do this for another 5 months?!? What I wouldn't do for another 300 calories a day! I'm nervous to go to my first check-in appointment. I've only lost 3 lbs so far and I only have 10 days left. How much has everyone else lost presurgery? Do you know how much they expect you to lose? I already feel like a big fat failure and I'm at least 8 months away from surgery! It's been a bad evening, sorry.

MzAlice,

I personally think that insurances and doctors make it so difficult because like getting a job interview they want to know how serious you are about making the commitment in changing your life around to make this surgery work for you. I took me almost 9 months from start to finish ( once I restarted documentation with my primary care doctor). Needless to say I was pretty upset that I had to start over and do 6 months of diet and exercise consultation with my PCD. But actually that was a blessing in disguise it allowed my to attend over 12 different support group sessions (between my wife's support group and mine) and allowed me to get a better understanding and get my head wrapped around this mentally of what exactly I'm about to get myself into. As far as eating more, that probably is true I found myself rather bitter on days and I seemed to think that eating that extra Snacks or bowl of popcorn while I watch TV would make me feel better about the situation. So I get what your saying and so will so many others at Bariatric Pal will too. Keep your head up focus on the prize. (The New You) I just had my surgery on Monday the 15th and I am so glad I went through all of the requirements that UHC required. Best Wishes Brian