Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So beyond bread, guess what food I miss most.

You are never going to guess.

Its prunes. I really want to eat a few dried prunes. I started eating them about 3 months before surgery. They kept me full (and regular) and also gave me energy.

When is it ok to have prunes after sleeve surgery?

How far out from surgery are you? Did they say anything about how far out you need to wait for fruit?

Prunes are pretty soft, but they do have a skin and have tons of sugar. I would worry more about the skin on them. I know they didn't want me to eat grapes for quite a while because of the skin.

I'd ask your surgeon. They would be great for the Constipation we all seem to get after surgery, though ;)

I am only 4 weeks out, so I know I can't have them yet. I would just like to know when I can. I think with other foods, since I know when I can eat them again, I don't really mind not having them. Prunes aren't on my list for anything so I don't have a time table. I can only have pureed fruit for another week and then get to start on soft foods. They are really healthy so its even more sad. LOL. While a serving is 100 calories and they are high in sugar, its low on the glycemic index.

Haha, you are the only person I have heard who says they miss prunes. I tried those little prunes that come individually packaged in the little plastic jar and I gotta say, yuck! My mom loves them though so maybe it's just an acquired taste. You can have them again as soon as you are back on regular foods. A few more weeks and it's prunes for you! I won't ask you to save me any. :)

I ate them around 6 to 8 weeks out.

I can't say that I miss prunes... But man would love to have some pasta... Yum!

While I don't miss prunes I had them along with prune juice about a month after surgery to help with Constipation.< /p>