Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Current sleevers in Alabama?

I am attending the seminar with Dr Malipur in Huntsville in a month. I understand that I have to make appointments with several different kinds of doctors. I also understand that some may not give approval for the surgery. Can anyone give advice on which doctors they did use for this process. My family doctor won't approve it as I spoke with him last year about it. Thanks you all!

My family doctor was very supportive. I had a band in 2009, then had it removed and the sleeve in May. For the band,I had to do a medically supervised diet and a psych visit. I saw Dr. Azrin at Brookwood for that.

For the sleeve, because it was a conversion, I didn't need to do anything extra.

What is your family doctor's objection to the surgery?

He says it's an 'easy out' and won't generally approve them. I also kinda think it's cause he has his own weight loss company/group thingy.

I am from south Alabama...about 100 miles north of Mobile, go to Doctor on 29th to set surgery date....it is getting real. I am so worried about this 2 week liquid pre-ob diet. I can do this to get the newMe going.????????☕️????

****how do you start a NEW topic**??????

My computer skills are savvy but this one got me????

Monnie815

who is doing your surgery?

M.sexton dr. Ringold in mobile, Al --- at mobile inf.

i am from muscle shoals. my surgery is scheduled for oct 6 th. i am getting very nervous.

I am from south Alabama...about 100 miles north of Mobile, go to Doctor on 29th to set surgery date....it is getting real. I am so worried about this 2 week liquid pre-ob diet. I can do this to get the newMe going.????????☕️????

****how do you start a NEW topic**??????

My computer skills are savvy but this one got me????

how are you doing

Hi I am a newbie and in Alabama and trying to find some type of support because I need to get the sleeve did. I am having trouble out of my insurance and they wont pay for it so that means I have to pay for everything out of the pocket which I dont have. Do anybody have UHC insurance and what is the process of getting them to approve you for your surgary. My dr does not want me to have the surgery but I feel the I really really need it and cant stress it enough to him. I dont know if I should change my dor or what but my life is depending on this surgery. Thanks to anyone that can give me information about my insurance and getting approve for this surgery.

Why would your Dr not want you to have surgery..do you not meet the criteria? I had to pay for mind out of pocket

HE want me to do it naturally but I have tried it natural cutting back working out and had a trainer and everything. I had lost 30lbs max but than it came right back on me double. I had joined Weight Watchers, weight loss center, and meds thru another doctor that I had but all the meds from the other did was made my heart flutter and I never slept. I'm just lost and might have to pay out of the pocket.

I know that in Birmingham at the Alabama weight loss center Dr. Miles and Schmitt have an plan that they offer the surgery for $11900. I just have to find a family member that would co-sign for me to get a loan to have the surgery. I pray that something come thru. I don't want to have to move to an another state just so that my insurance would pay.

Anyone with info on how I can it done in Alabama thru my insurance or with someone that would work with me to pay ld be very grateful.

Have you called AWLS? They have experience with lots of different insurance and can probably give you better information on how often they get approvals from your type.

I had mine done in Guntersville for 10k that includes hospital and my year of follow ups. I went through prosper.com for my loan