Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in my third week post surgery and have been so excited about purees! Nothing exciting but it feel great to not be restricted to liquids. So YAAAAAAAAY to that. I have my 2 week post Op follow-up today and I'm hoping that all goes well!

I've been a rollercoaster of emotions after my sleeve, but am happy to have been on an upslope (for the most part) for the last 4 days or so. :D I'm finding that the more I keep busy, the less I focus on food and less depressed I am. I bought a Jawbone to track my steps and measure my sleep quality at night. I have been walking. I also bought a bike and relearned how to ride it! (I hadn't ridden a non-stationary bike since I was 16! LOL) I'm just thinking of different/creative ways to become more active and create less excuses for not exercising. Randomly, I'm even going rollerskating on this Friday night. I haven't skated in forever and know I'm going to break something for sure! LOL. I've considered rejoining my gym but am hoping to find a less expensive way to get active and lose weight.

Any suggestions? What are you guys doing to keep active?

The best exercise is the one you will do!! I like Zumba (I use the Wii version) and I also still love the old Tae Bo DVDs. Leslie Sansone has the Walk Away the Pounds series that's fun. I love being outside on nice days too, so walking, biking, and I love running and am slowly building myself back up to be in shape to do that without destroying my knees!! Do you have an indoor pool near you? Water aerobics is a lot of fun!!

I don't know how you feel about running, but doing the Couch to 5k program has really helped motivate me. It takes you from not being able to run AT ALL to being able to run 30 minutes straight. The program is supposed to be nine weeks long (3 days a week), but you can repeat workouts and entire weeks as necessary. For me I think it's going to take about 15 weeks, because I've repeated some weeks and I will have had two weeks of vacation in there by the time I'm done. Hoping to run a 5k sometime in mid to late May.

I am probably going to wear out my Leslie Sansone walking DVD. It is my favorite of the variety of fitness DVDs that I have. Someone came to my door today while I was diddly bopping along with a Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies!

You're doing it right. Find something you like and find is fun. Aquafit is my main exercise because it incorporates light weight lifting and aerobic workouts that are easy on my knees, but I also got my bike serviced and ride it as well as trying new things like African dance class and rediscovering hiking. I was always an active person and my increase strength and flexibility from aquafit makes these new venture fun.

I will recommend getting an activity tracker. Any kind will do. Just read a few reviews to find one that meets your needs. I find them to be a nice reminder to move and be active.

I don't know how you feel about running, but doing the Couch to 5k program has really helped motivate me. It takes you from not being able to run AT ALL to being able to run 30 minutes straight. The program is supposed to be nine weeks long (3 days a week), but you can repeat workouts and entire weeks as necessary. For me I think it's going to take about 15 weeks, because I've repeated some weeks and I will have had two weeks of vacation in there by the time I'm done. Hoping to run a 5k sometime in mid to late May.

Funny thing is, running for fitness was my goal in 2013 via Couch to 5K but I never quite made that happen. Hmmm, I think it might be time to give it a shot again! Thanks for your suggestion/ reminding me of an old goal. I've always wanted to run.

You're doing it right. Find something you like and find is fun. Aquafit is my main exercise because it incorporates light weight lifting and aerobic workouts that are easy on my knees, but I also got my bike serviced and ride it as well as trying new things like African dance class and rediscovering hiking. I was always an active person and my increase strength and flexibility from aquafit makes these new venture fun.

I will recommend getting an activity tracker. Any kind will do. Just read a few reviews to find one that meets your needs. I find them to be a nice reminder to move and be active.

I have never done Water aerobics before and always wanted to. I'e heard great tings about it. My former gym had it but it was during a time when I was still at work, so I would always miss it. If I could find class in my budget and at a time when I'm actually able to attend, I'll check it out. Thank for the suggestion.

Do you have a YMCA nearby?mine has Water aerobics there and it is cheaper than joining the gym.

Do you have a YMCA nearby?mine has Water aerobics there and it is cheaper than joining the gym.

The Y near is me is more expensive than my former gym. Plus my gym is 24 hours. However I did find a community center near me that is rather affordable!! They offer water aerobics and circuit training! So I'm either going to join them or go back to 24 hours Fitness. Thanks for your suggestion!