Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy Father's Day to dads ! ????

Even if yours had to leave us, they are still in the Fiber of our being.

I miss talking to dad, he has progressed in his dreadful disease to non-verbal, and bed bound for 5 years... Still warm and cozy at home.

I shall go over and watch the ball game with him though and be happy he is here for another year.

Hope the dads and grand dads have a wonderful time being honored⭐️

Just checking in with all the other VIPs here....am trying to be better about being on the forums that make sense...and low and behold, I found out I am a VIP! How cool is that. I am 3.5 years out, still at goal, but having to work at it. I saw a saying the other day that summed up all of us here: YOU ARE ONLY ONE DECISION AWAY FROM CHANGING YOUR LIFE. And I would say we all made a very good decision! Thank you Alex for providing this supportive and informative forum for all of us. Life is good!

I am 49 and live in the tarheel state of NC

i have been married to my hub almost 31 years

we have a 24 yr old son and a 3 yr old granddaugher

our son in stationed in england with the air force

we just acquired a 7 month old red doberman after losing our Kabo a month ago

hub/me ride harleys on weekends and like to be outside

we like rock music, tattoos and movies

kinda boring but we are whom we are :)

Glad to see you posting C G.

I am sorry about your dog.. That hurts. Yet we open our hearts again... And it brings us joy. ????I am in between dogs and kinda liking the independence of having two sister cats so I can go away a night or two.

Another Monday starts. Sigh

Hi, I am new to the website. I am 55 y/o. I've been overweight since I was a toddler but have had a great life so far....I have decided to have WLS so I'm here as long as I can! I have been happily married 30+ years to the same wonderful and caring man (almost unheard of these days) and have 2 grown children (27 and 25 years old, boy and girl). We live near Greensboro, NC. We all are foodies and my husband has been able to wear it better than me or my daughter. My insurance requires a 3 month "supervised" weight loss period....so I'm doing that now. I'm eating less and moving more but I have a long way to go and I am excited about having the surgery to help me along.

I am a nurse practitioner who does house calls for elderly and homebound patients. I love my job but getting in and out of the care 8-10 times a day, squatting, bending, and carrying equipment in and out of all kinds of home environments is tough weighing 280 pounds!

I would love to be "friended" on this site by anyone who feels like supporting a newbie. I can use all I can get. My family is supportive but does not always understand my trials with food.

Thanks in advance

HousecallsNP

@@HousecallsNP Welcome! Most of the people in the VIP forums are "vets" or at least had their surgeries a while ago, so I am sure you can get a lot of answers to your questions here.

@@HousecallsNP, one year ago I was 55 years old too, and 120 pounds overweight. Now I am neither – one went up, the other went down. But I feel much younger than I did a year ago. And so will you!

Thanks Rogofulm!

Welcome house calls,

Hope you get a lot of information that you can use on this site.

Everyone is different but Protein, Water and exercise seem to be a common theme after WLS .

I have to remind myself about Water all the time.

Ask questions... We are hopeful for positive results and have lots of different people trying different ways to lose and maintain weight loss.

Welcome Housecalls! I was 58 when I had my surgery 3.5 years ago...have been at goal weight since one year out...lost 85 lbs PLUS I also lost the control that food had over my life. I feel like I am 45! And you will too....It isn't always a picnic but it's the absolute best shot most of us had at getting our life back!

Hello All!!! I, like Housecalls, am a newbie. Just found out that all of my pre-surgical clearances are approved - YEAH! I expect my surgery date to be set for 4-6 weeks from now. I found this site while researching all that I could find on WLS and am so glad that I did. I am still lost in many of the threads and not sure of where I am, but I am learning, laughing, and appreciate all of the positive energy I'm finding along the way. I joined the VIPs because I am a better person when I can see where I'm going-otherwise I tend to get too caught up in where I've been and get stuck. Your successes help keep me focused - thank you....

Anyway, I am forever young at heart - just turned 60

Female, married to a great guy, (my polar opposite in many, many ways), for almost 25 years. I have 6 grown kids and 7 of the best grandkids ever ranging in ages 3 - 10!

Originally from Chicago, IL and currently live in the SW burbs. I am not all that fond of Illinois - climate is hot or cold and the State of the State if embarrassing. My husband and I were all set to move on until grandbabies entered the picture. We are hangin on to our property out west because I am not ready to let go of that dream.

I am so ready to move forward through this journey and am counting on your support. My husband is awesome and behind me 100%, but does not relate to obesity and food issues....

I would love to 'chat' with Housecalls and anyone else who needs a heart to listen and/or can be a buffer to my misperceptions, misunderstandings, and goofy ramblings :)

@@LAG4ahealthierme Welcome! This site is an amazing resource. I don't think I could ever have made it through this past year without the knowledge and support I've found here.

Having a healthy and happy summer

Happy to live a life at a "normal" sizepost-121934-14384578669986_thumb.jpg

Hope all my BP cyber friends are enjoying nice weather( and being warm!)

Julie you are beautiful! Inside and out.

Thank you. I am blushing.

Here is a before. Which I carry in my wallet for the past 8 1/2 years!post-121934-14384679906417_thumb.jpg