Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three years after gastric sleeve and I'm at a stand still and still have NOT lost what I want!

I too am three years out and still have not reach my goal. In addition have gained a lot of other health issue. But I want you to remember that you did not gain the weight in one night. So please don't give up I haven't I will get to my goal soon. I started walking again and I do weights at home in a chair. I dance while I clean. I have lost 4 lbs. this week. Good luck I will keep you in my prays

@@Erica Brownlee Hi Erica, just stumbled upon your post because I'm am struggling with the exact issue. In fact I just made a post about it. I'm almost 2 years out and don't think I got the best results with the sleeve. Im going to revamp my eating but also going to go back to my surgeon and get some further testing done and figure out how long before I need to take further action. Would love to hear about your progress, please free to DM updates. Thanks

I am 4 years out and my currently weight is 129lbs. I am able to maintain my goal weight because I stick closely to eating tons of green vegetables, fruits, nuts and Beans along with a bit of occasional meat. (Geeen food offers plenty of protein) Otherwise, I look at food and gain weight.

I follow Dr. Matthew Weiner the author of, "A Pound of Cure." He is also a baratric surgeon with informative YouTube videos. (Great Book) I encourage you to read it cover to cover.

Dr. Joel Furhman is another doctor that I have followed, even before my WLS. Great website. Wonderful books. Helps me stay on track.

Joe Cross introduced me to juicing. I juice daily. Fresh green juice resets the body and helps with hunger, craving and weigh loss. "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" can be watched for free. Do a quick search on the internet.

Drink lots of Water.

Water

Water

Water

There may be something else going on medically, so I encourage you to see your doctor.

S

@@Sweet Pee thank you for sharing. I do think it is relevant to mention your starting BMI or weight because the hard cold reality is that it makes a difference. Not to minimize ANYONE'S achievements but for those of that started super morbidly obese or high BMI...our realities are a bit different.

Having said that. I was 52 BMI..and my lifetime high was even bigger and I love how I turned out...so there is hope for all of us!

@@CowgirlJane

Thank you for telling me this. You are right. I really appreciate you telling me this. I sure was not trying to minimize her huge weight loss achievement. Sorry if it sounded that way.

Starting at a weight 100lbs higher than what I started at makes a significant difference in weight loss, and the reality of how much a person can loose.

I do not know my BMI when I had my weight loss surgery. I only have my starting weight before my surgery which was about around 270lbs. (I've weighted more that 270lbs a time or two) After the pre-op diet, I weighed in at 242lbs right before my sleeve.

I have continued to be successful because of my green leafy plant and fruit way of eating, (I do eat some meats) which I know is not popular among the WLS community, however it works for me. I no longer have to struggle.

Maybe if one thing does not work, trying something a little different may help others who may be struggling. That is all I was trying to say:-)

S@@Sweet Pee thank you for sharing. I do think it is relevant to mention your starting BMI or weight because the hard cold reality is that it makes a difference. Not to minimize ANYONE'S achievements but for those of that started super morbidly obese or high BMI...our realities are a bit different.Having said that. I was 52 BMI..and my lifetime high was even bigger and I love how I turned out...so there is hope for all of us!