Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

@@imjenn Im so sorry to hear of your rough time. My incisions are are driving me crazy, they are itching soooo much, and every time I itch them they hurt. Its maddening!

@@Salonboi Yes, I did visit Charlotte fairly often, Our family had some good times there. Dad has since moved to Richmond.

@@dawnyoung872 I used to live in Murrells Inlet SC and my daughter was born in Georgetown! We loved SC.

Its Thursday for me, when I move to the next stage of washable /soft foods, like scrambled eggs. I can't wait. 2 weeks on that until I move to the next stage, real food. I am experiencing head hunger. But I worry that my pouch is too big. Ive been able to drink my shakes (2 a day) and brother and yogurt (5oz) with out feeling full. I of course worry I will be the only one with a pouch too big, and unable to lose significant weight. oh dear

Actually not feeling hungry at all and I'm suprised I thought I would have cravings for food and sweets. I haven't had any hunger pains. I weighed myself today and I'm 9 lbs down from Monday.

Congrats on the 9lbs ???? that's awesome.. I have fleeting moments of head/stomach hunger.. It's still rather confusing..
@salonboi. Well put, rather confusing.

@@imjenn Im so sorry to hear of your rough time. My incisions are are driving me crazy, they are itching soooo much, and every time I itch them they hurt. Its maddening!

@@Salonboi Yes, I did visit Charlotte fairly often, Our family had some good times there. Dad has since moved to Richmond.

@@dawnyoung872 I used to live in Murrells Inlet SC and my daughter was born in Georgetown! We loved SC.

Its Thursday for me, when I move to the next stage of washable /soft foods, like scrambled eggs. I can't wait. 2 weeks on that until I move to the next stage, real food. I am experiencing head hunger. But I worry that my pouch is too big. Ive been able to drink my shakes (2 a day) and brother and yogurt (5oz) with out feeling full. I of course worry I will be the only one with a pouch too big, and unable to lose significant weight. oh dear

Omg. I can't believe you said that. I swear I think the same stuff. My pouch was left too big. Or this just isn't gonna work for me. So weird how the head just doesn't seem on board with the stomach. Lol

I had my surgery May 7th. I'm ten days post op. I regret it. I'm so hungry and miss food, I also wasn't even that fat to begin with, I did it all for the wrong reasons. Now I'm gonna get skinny which is great but I'm super starving and miss chipotle, fast food and pastas.< /p>

I had my surgery May 7th. I'm ten days post op. I regret it. I'm so hungry and miss food, I also wasn't even that fat to begin with, I did it all for the wrong reasons. Now I'm gonna get skinny which is great but I'm super starving and miss chipotle, fast food and pastas.< /p>

I had a day like this yesterday. My family had this huuuuge dinner with all my favorite foods and I was stuck with Soup. They even had dessert. I was having a pity party for myself all day while remembering I'll never be able to enjoy sugary baked goods.. Well...ever again.

But then I remembered my health. And I remembered that the reason I did this was because I KNEW I had an addiction to food and that I KNEW if I didn't take action that addiction could and most likely would very well kill me.

You're gonna regret it some days. And those days will make it worse to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

You can have chipotle again.

Just when your stomach is all healed up. Hang in there. You're doing just fine.

I'm 13 days post op and I am now coping better. When I was about 7 to 10 days post op I was feeling the same way. Huge mistake. Hang in, it gets better. It may take a bit of time for your head to get on the same page as your stomach. It does get better. This is a huge change to your life and a life long commitment, and hey thinner surely won't hurt. ????

Keep posted on this thread, there are some amazing people in here that will help. They helped me more then they may know.

Wish you well

The good and the bad...Today is two weeks after my surgery and I have been reflecting back. The bad...head hunger, eating extremely small portions...about half of what my kids eat, not being able to eat what my wife cooks, restaurants and eating out, limited food selection, weak feelings, nausea, vomiting diarrhea, watching my kids devour s'mores. The good...35lbs lost in 3 weeks, down 2 clothes sizes, compliments from coworkers, no hunger, leaving my plate not empty, new old clothes, feeling healthier, better sex, better example for my kids, looking forward to cycling and running and boating and wake boarding.

I know there are lots of ups and downs and my emotions can be all over the place. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. At least I can see it. Every day is new day and a new opportunity. I am glad to be on this journey.

Hey everyone. Ok , so yesterday I decided carpet in living room needed vacuum , it's a room area rug. So I did run the vacuum and felt a little pull in one of my incision areas. Did t pay much attention. Omg by last night the area is so sore, feels like it's torn inside , painful when I move. Gonna just take it easy today and see if it gets any better. I'm 13 days post op today , I guess too soon for some things. Have follow up appt with surgeon this Friday so going to see how feels by then. Yikes!

The good and the bad...Today is two weeks after my surgery and I have been reflecting back. The bad...head hunger, eating extremely small portions...about half of what my kids eat, not being able to eat what my wife cooks, restaurants and eating out, limited food selection, weak feelings, nausea, vomiting diarrhea, watching my kids devour s'mores. The good...35lbs lost in 3 weeks, down 2 clothes sizes, compliments from coworkers, no hunger, leaving my plate not empty, new old clothes, feeling healthier, better sex, better example for my kids, looking forward to cycling and running and boating and wake boarding.

I know there are lots of ups and downs and my emotions can be all over the place. I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. At least I can see it. Every day is new day and a new opportunity. I am glad to be on this journey.

You're doing very well! You're right! There will be downs, but the ups will seem that much more marvelous!

Hey everyone. Ok , so yesterday I decided carpet in living room needed vacuum , it's a room area rug. So I did run the vacuum and felt a little pull in one of my incision areas. Did t pay much attention. Omg by last night the area is so sore, feels like it's torn inside , painful when I move. Gonna just take it easy today and see if it gets any better. I'm 13 days post op today , I guess too soon for some things. Have follow up appt with surgeon this Friday so going to see how feels by then. Yikes!

Ouch! Take it easy! I remember my CNP telling me that it's very common to feel pulls and tugs especially if it's an incision with some underlying stitches! If it gets worse, don't be Afraid to call! I've called twice because I've had a rash and might have an infected incision AND thrush! It's a journey, for sure!

Ouch! Take it easy! I remember my CNP telling me that it's very common to feel pulls and tugs especially if it's an incision with some underlying stitches! If it gets worse, don't be Afraid to call! I've called twice because I've had a rash and might have an infected incision AND thrush! It's a journey, for sure!
Thanks Jenn. I am taking it easy now. Yes , with the inside stitches have to be careful, I just figured I was 13 days post op and should be ok. I was wrong , inside takes longer to heal. I'm feeling a bit better today.

How did you make out with your incisions , do you have an infection , what did doctor say.

Thanks Jenn. I am taking it easy now. Yes , with the inside stitches have to be careful, I just figured I was 13 days post op and should be ok. I was wrong , inside takes longer to heal. I'm feeling a bit better today.

How did you make out with your incisions , do you have an infection , what did doctor say.

Not even kidding, I did the same thing you did today while I was getting in my car. Sharp pain, then it became dull and started fading! Can see how it'd freak you out!

And good! No infection just a weird reaction where the glue met part of the incision that was scabbed over! She pulled the glue off and has me Doing bacitracin and band aids for a while over that one!

I do have thrush too. So i am NOT looking forward to the nystatin mouth rinse ????

Thank you for asking!

Not even kidding, I did the same thing you did today while I was getting in my car. Sharp pain, then it became dull and started fading! Can see how it'd freak you out!

And good! No infection just a weird reaction where the glue met part of the incision that was scabbed over! She pulled the glue off and has me Doing bacitracin and band aids for a while over that one!

I do have thrush too. So i am NOT looking forward to the nystatin mouth rinse ????

Thank you for asking!

Your welcome. Really glad to hear no big ingestion to worry about.

Thrush, keep up with the mouth rinses, thrush can clear up pretty quickly. As for our incision areas have to careful. They appear pretty much healed on the outside but inside no way.

I was to start soft food tomorrow , I couldn't wait. Started soft today.

Had cottage cheese for Breakfast , cottage cheese never tasted so good. Lol.

@@Salonboi

I started soft foods a day early , today. Couldn't help it , just couldn't drink anymore Protein.

I made the mock lasagna for lunch , really enjoyed. Thanks again for sharing. So I put 2 small to medium size pieces on my plate. Was only able to eat fraction of what was on plate. The eyes want it but the stomach said oh no don't.

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Thank you for asking!

Your welcome. Really glad to hear no big ingestion to worry about.

Thrush, keep up with the mouth rinses, thrush can clear up pretty quickly. As for our incision areas have to careful. They appear pretty much healed on the outside but inside no way.

I was to start soft food tomorrow , I couldn't wait. Started soft today.

Had cottage cheese for breakfast , cottage cheese never tasted so good. Lol.

I noticed a couple type o's in my earlier message. Phone fills things in at random.