Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

????Any May Gastric Bypass peeps????

Question! Anybody else get a rash on their abdomen post-op?

If so, what advice did your surgeon give you? It's not like on my ENTIRE abdomen, just a few spots! But it's definitely bothersome ????

Is it a reaction to something? I had a client today that ended up being allergic to something in the glue holding her wounds together. It caused a lot of discomfort and she had to have doctor look at it. They told her to take Benadryl. Definitely have you PCP look at it if it gets worse. Good luck ????
Would I be cool just to take some Benadryl to see what happens?!
It's your call hun not mine. I'm not a doctor and would hate for you to have a reaction. I'm not sure if that's an NSAID type medicine. Definitely be safe.. ????
It's not an NSAID! But I decided to just try and get the rest of the surgical scrub off and leave the area alone for awhile to see if that'll do it!

If so, what advice did your surgeon give you? It's not like on my ENTIRE abdomen, just a few spots! But it's definitely bothersome ????

Is it a reaction to something? I had a client today that ended up being allergic to something in the glue holding her wounds together. It caused a lot of discomfort and she had to have doctor look at it. They told her to take Benadryl. Definitely have you PCP look at it if it gets worse. Good luck ????
It's your call hun not mine. I'm not a doctor and would hate for you to have a reaction. I'm not sure if that's an NSAID type medicine. Definitely be safe.. ????
It's not an NSAID! But I decided to just try and get the rest of the surgical scrub off and leave the area alone for awhile to see if that'll do it!
Good luck I hope it works for ya..

FINALLY I pooped! Lol I'm so excited and actually feel better. Ok here is a funny story.

My niece and her lil 3 yo Daphne live with me and are my support. Well daphne is in potty training and every time she goes she gets a potty prize. So after I went my niece asked me if I was able to go and I said yes lil daphne said "good boy!" Then ran to the bathroom and came back with one of her potty prizes. I was lmaoing so hard. Here is a pic oh what she chose for me. Haha

post-233831-14318439286078_thumb.jpg

Call your Dr in case there is an allergic reaction with meds your already taking. Does this rash itch?

May need Benedryl or hydrocortisone cream. But talk to Dr first. To answer your question : I , myself didn't experience any type of rash.

FINALLY I pooped! Lol I'm so excited and actually feel better. Ok here is a funny story.

My niece and her lil 3 yo Daphne live with me and are my support. Well daphne is in potty training and every time she goes she gets a potty prize. So after I went my niece asked me if I was able to go and I said yes lil daphne said "good boy!" Then ran to the bathroom and came back with one of her potty prizes. I was lmaoing so hard. Here is a pic oh what she chose for me. Haha

To cute and funny ????

It's amazing how a good poop makes you feel great. Your niece is a cutey And your prize , well that's best prize ever, who doesn't wanna be a princess ( at least it looks like a princess tiara in ur pic ).

Somedays are better than others. I feel this surgery kicked my butt! I am not taking any more medicine for pain, finally. How are you doing?

I'm just curious where is everyone from , where located. If you wanna share , I live in King Of Prussia, PA

That's suburbs of Philadelphia, about 20 miles outside of Philadelphia. Originally from Philly, lived outside for about 10 years.

It's amazing how a good poop makes you feel great. Your niece is a cutey And your prize , well that's best prize ever, who doesn't wanna be a princess ( at least it looks like a princess tiara in ur pic ).
She is a cutie ❤️ and I agree on bathroom issue. More exlax for me today ????

I'm just curious where is everyone from , where located. If you wanna share , I live in King Of Prussia, PA

That's suburbs of Philadelphia, about 20 miles outside of Philadelphia. Originally from Philly, lived outside for about 10 years.

I've been there before, loved the king of Prussia mall.. I had training up there 15 yes ago. I'm from Charlotte NC .. Been here most of my life. I was born in Louisiana while my father was in the army, but my family are from Michigan.

Somedays are better than others. I feel this surgery kicked my butt! I am not taking any more medicine for pain, finally. How are you doing?

I'm noticing, more movement on my part has helped with the kicked my butt feeling. It wiped me out to. I think part of it for me was , being on those pain meds for so long made me so drowsy and lethargic. And it just added to the kicked butt part. Now I'm off of it, I'm so much better.

I've been there before, loved the king of Prussia mall.. I had training up there 15 yes ago. I'm from Charlotte NC .. Been here most of my life. I was born in Louisiana while my father was in the army, but my family are from Michigan.
Very interesting that not only have you heard of King of Prussia, you've been here before. And yes , first thing people say is " great mall". Lol. It is a great mall , not being much of a shopper , I'm not there much. I live about a mile from that mall. So your in NC, how nice. I hear how southerns are so nice and hospitable. So not the case with Northerns. Well I consider myself nice. Just saying we have reputation of being rude and move / talk fast. Anyway, I feel pretty good today. And I also am no longer taking pain meds. Today is 12 days out for me. Oh , going to grocery store today, getting ready for when I can start eating soft / puréed. I did "cheat" a little this morning. Had a bit of Greek yogurt. Went down nicely without a problem. Don't wanna push it to quickly.

I live in Anaheim Ca. About 2 miles from Disneyland. Lived here all my life.

Edited by cfinch70

I have been to both King of Prussia (of course the mall????). And Charlotte (my father used to live there). I live in Cape Cod in Truro, Massachusetts. Just got out of work, Gonna try to do a 2+ mile walk. Praying for the ooomph.