Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP ~ I'm so hungry

I'm so hungry. :rolleyes: I was banded on the 21st. I was not hungry at all until last night and then all day today, what can I do. This kindof panics me. Is this normal? :speechles

What your experiencing is totally normal! Your little stomach just feels better now and wants some food! Don't panic!!! Just drink something with a little sugar in it- try some kool-aid or some Jello with sugar in it. I found that the more I ate of the sugar free stuff, the more hungry I got.

This too shall pass...I promise!

Megan

You know I was just noticing that I used to get up and snack at night when I was bored or couldn't sleep. Now, I get on a see what Y'all are doing. This has got to be better. My husband is getting jealous! "Who are to talking to? What are you laughing about? etc, etc."

He is 6 foot tall and weighs a whopping 125 pounds! We look like Mutt and Jeff! He eats junk all the time and never gains a pound. He gets mad at ME because he can't gain weight!! Can you imagine that! ?

The ONLY thing that helped MY hunger was a milkshake (from McDonalds). I would limit myself to 1 a day b/c of the calories.

It wasnt until I found this site and camped out for a while that I heard the REAL solution was protien shakes.< /p>

one more thing.... I dont think ANY of us were told that we would be hungry post surgery.

It was a surprise to us as well :rolleyes:

Its normal, just hang in there - it gets better once you start eating solids!

Hi gagirl,

Yep, I think you are experiencing what a lot of us have also experienced. You didn't mention what phase of diet you are on or what rules your doc gave you... but I noticed that when I limited my Clear liquids to sugar free items I was much hungrier than when I didn't stick to sugar free. I also found that drinking broth from a can vs. a bullion cube also made for a more substantial meal (drink). During clear fluids, my doc allowed for 1 Protein drink a day... the only think not clear I could have for this phase, so I would mix up the Protein Drink in the blender with a tablespoon of Peanut Butter or I would go to Roebecks or Jamba juice for one of their high protien smoothies like the 800lb Gorilla (50 grms protein) or Peanut Butter Moo'd (can't remember Protein total on this one).

Good luck and hang in there. If you are in a full liquid or mushy phase and need other suggestions, just let us know.

Am I the weirdo of the bunch?

I was not hungry until week 3 post op. I had so much discomfort and bloatedness and swelling, food was the last thing on my mind. liquids were just fine for me..but I will say that once I was able to add Protein shakes at day 10 post op it gave me more energy and I did feel a whole lot better.Once you get to add Protein Shakes it should help with your hunger and energy level.

What are you eating now, what did the doctor say you could have? I can have 2 instant Breakfast drinks a day, a cup of 100% juice (no sugar added) broth, Jello, any drinks that are sugar free (non carbonated) . I am getting to the point that I am feeling a lttle week, but go to the doctor tomorrow and I think he will add some things to my diet at that time. I hope so anyway. lol When do you go back to the doctor? If you continue to feel this way, give them a call, they might tell you something you can do in the mean time. Good Luck!

Thanks to all of you. I'm on liquids, Sassaay, I will start Phase II, Thursday. My doc told me to eat things such as mashed potatoes, creamy Soup, etc. Yahoo!! I cannot wait!! What did y'all eat on the mussy stage?

All of you are doing so good, I hope I do as good!

Gagirl, the mushy phase is fun! I had a great time with spreads, pates, Soups, and dips. All the exciting and expensive ethnic foods I'd only ever bought when I was entertaining became staples, especially things like salmon mousse, goat cheese, hummus, and tzatziki. Use your imagination, and have fun! It's a huge improvement over liquids.

From what I have read, this is normal.................. I am waiting for my first fill toooooooooooo. I WANT TO EAT LESS!!!!!! Just try to stay positive and keep smiling.

Oh and Michelle, your not weird at all, the 3rd week post op is when I thought I was going to starve to death! I too was bloated and uncomfortable and got full fast. Your twin is here again.

Love you all, and keep up the good work!!!

Hugz

Jodie

My nutritionist said for the first 5-6 weeks eat:

-3(2oz) meals of cream of wheat, Soup etc

-24 ounces/per day (2oz every hour) of supplemental protein(at least 60 grams per day) without sugar??????And yes, this is for the Band. She said that I would have more energy and less chance of my hair falling out and such.

Is this realistic? Did anyone get instructions like this?

Lauri,

My husband and I make a 10. He is thin and I am round! Maybe someday we will make an 11.

Michelle,

You are different. You do an excellent job at sticking to the plan and that is why you are an inspiration to all of us!

Lauri,

My husband and I make a 10. He is thin and I am round! Maybe someday we will make an 11.

:rolleyes: That is sooo funny. I never thought about it like that! I hope that Steven and I can,also, be an 11 some day. But, I will still be a foot shorter than him. What in the Hell would that be? :cheeky