Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting sleeved on April 16th... Help ! I am in danger of chicken inc out... Again ????

Anyone getting sleeved on April 16th?

Help!!! I am in danger of chickening out .. Again! ????

My doc says my vitals are perfect... I am in no danger of cholesterol or BP, or Sugar or Cancer of any sort... I am doing this for psychological reasons.... I am tired of seeing myself like this. I am very worried about any complications that may arise in a month or maybe ten years from now

The complication rate from sleeve surgery is much lower than the complication rate from obesity. As you get older, the body is much less forgiving about carrying around all that extra weight. It may not be today, but down the road, you are bound to run into some medical issues due to obesity. This surgery is a huge commitment though, and if you don't feel you are ready than so be it.

It's kind of like having kids. You should be ready and know exactly what you're getting into because it's a lifetime commitment ;)

Edited by Babbs

if its any help to ya or not I am 51 and have been sick since I was in my mid 20s. my highest weight was reaching 275 and I had done every diet known to man and I still couldn't get the weight off. I have ended up with over a dozen dx's and it's no fun. obesity was killing me whether I wanted to believe it or not. being obese sooner or later it's going to catch up with ya with other diseases. I was delusional long enough and had wasted 30 plus yrs yo yo dieting and the past 5 yrs kept getting bigger and bigger I had to take control put my fear of over thinking issues worrying about the what ifs down the road I had to stop it. my mind would obsess about all the what if's. it takes bravery and courage and a lifestyle for the rest of your life committed to make these changes. I had already failed every thing else. I don't believe being obese is healthy. and for me it was my time to take back control of my life and just do it. yea it was scarier then hell. I second guessed myself for 2 weeks up to the morning of..but I knew deep down inside went through all the prep and preop classes I had done my research for 10 plus yrs...went through over 10 yrs of therapy got to the bottom of my health issues and I was ready. no one can make this decision for you but even though it was rough my first month I'm not going to lie to ya my surgeon told me up front if I can make it through the first month you will be fine. some people don't have any difficulties some do. there's no promises but you will never know how you'll be till you go through it. and I'm here to tell ya I would do it again in a heart beat! I soooo wish I did this along time ago! I can not get back all the yrs I sat on the side lines wishing I could do this or that. I am 10 months PO tomoro...over 100 pds down and I have never been this happy and I feel like my life at 51 is just starting! I wish ya the best but somethings are worth taking the chance on and this is one of them. but if your not ready its simple, your not ready. I was so ready. I had to shed the fat suit and this was the only thing that saved my life it has literally gave my life back and that includes emotionally and mentally...best wishes :)

if its any help to ya or not I am 51 and have been sick since I was in my mid 20s. my highest weight was reaching 275 and I had done every diet known to man and I still couldn't get the weight off. I have ended up with over a dozen dx's and it's no fun. obesity was killing me whether I wanted to believe it or not. being obese sooner or later it's going to catch up with ya with other diseases. I was delusional long enough and had wasted 30 plus yrs yo yo dieting and the past 5 yrs kept getting bigger and bigger I had to take control put my fear of over thinking issues worrying about the what ifs down the road I had to stop it. my mind would obsess about all the what if's. it takes bravery and courage and a lifestyle for the rest of your life committed to make these changes. I had already failed every thing else. I don't believe being obese is healthy. and for me it was my time to take back control of my life and just do it. yea it was scarier then hell. I second guessed myself for 2 weeks up to the morning of..but I knew deep down inside went through all the prep and preop classes I had done my research for 10 plus yrs...went through over 10 yrs of therapy got to the bottom of my health issues and I was ready. no one can make this decision for you but even though it was rough my first month I'm not going to lie to ya my surgeon told me up front if I can make it through the first month you will be fine. some people don't have any difficulties some do. there's no promises but you will never know how you'll be till you go through it. and I'm here to tell ya I would do it again in a heart beat! I soooo wish I did this along time ago! I can not get back all the yrs I sat on the side lines wishing I could do this or that. I am 10 months PO tomoro...over 100 pds down and I have never been this happy and I feel like my life at 51 is just starting! I wish ya the best but somethings are worth taking the chance on and this is one of them. but if your not ready its simple, your not ready. I was so ready. I had to shed the fat suit and this was the only thing that saved my life it has literally gave my life back and that includes emotionally and mentally...best wishes :)

Hang in there. I am being sleeved April 29th. It is normal to be scared but which is worse. I have the same nervousness today but I know it is the best tool for me. I am done with 40 plus years of fat and this surgery is the best tool available to me! And I am 53 years old. Keep your eye on the prize

Well how did it go????