Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 5 weeks (tomorrow) out from my sleeve. This has been a really difficult food weekend. I have definitely eaten things that I shouldn't and I am feeling down on myself as a result. I have done very well so far, I have lost 30% of my excess weight. I guess I am just feeling overwhelmed. And so darn tired. I'm having a hard time getting my Protein and fluids in. Just really discouraged

Take a deep breath and be nice to yourself. I had a rough weekend too. Just too many opportunities to slip up and I did. However, I am choosing to learn from the experiences. Much of this journey has been trial and error. So, I am reflecting on this weekend and working on what I can take away from it.

It's just been one weekend @2bullymom. We are in this for life.

Good luck!

difficult food weekend. eaten things I shouldn't

@@2bullymom

hi there

sorry you had such a hard/trying weekend :mellow:

many people do feel overwhelmed/tired early PO

you are in good company

there is nothing you can do about the past

good news is the future is waiting for you :)

some people do have trouble at your early stage

hard to get water/protein in

liquids are more important than Protein

protein is VERY important

BUT for now concentrate on getting more Water in

try drinking Water at room temperature

have crystal light

drink sip very slowly

but you MUST push the liquids

if you don't drink enough, possible to get dehydrated

have to go to hospital receiving IV's to hydrate you

no fun

you are only 5 weeks and having problems???? :huh:

Get Over It :lol: :D

you are just starting your lifetime journey with new eating/drinking habits

too early to screw up already :wacko:

good you've realized the "error of your ways ;) "

a little guilt is ok/good

shows that you care, and want to get back on program

learned a "lessen" and won't do again???

you gotta get back on the "shtick" ;) with your eating/drinking!!!!!

i know you can and will get back to eating healthy

otherwise i have to rap you upside your head :lol:

you said ." I have done very well so far,"

you can do it again

raise your right hand and promise to "do better" ;)

i know you can/will be a success :)

good luck

kathy

So, tomorrow is a new day - don't make this a trend. Take back control tomorrow. You got this.

@@2bullymom - It happens. Instead of beating yourself up, use this as a learning experience. Next time make a plan for how you will eat through the holidays. It should be more than "I will not eat bad stuff". Plan what you will and will not allow yourself to eat. That includes allowing a treat or 2. I never use the term "cheating" because I dislike the negative connotation it has. I plan for the occasional treat and incorporate that into my eating. This way I don't feel deprived and don't have to worry about slipping back into old habits because I've allowed myself just enough leeway to still feel sated.

@@2bullymom - It happens. Instead of beating yourself up, use this as a learning experience. Next time make a plan for how you will eat through the holidays. It should be more than "I will not eat bad stuff". Plan what you will and will not allow yourself to eat. That includes allowing a treat or 2. I never use the term "cheating" because I dislike the negative connotation it has. I plan for the occasional treat and incorporate that into my eating. This way I don't feel deprived and don't have to worry about slipping back into old habits because I've allowed myself just enough leeway to still feel sated.

Great advice! I am learning that process too.

Hang in there!! One bad weekend does not mean you are a failure. It's a holiday weekend and a splurge is part of normal life. Tomorrow is another day. Wake up empowered with the idea that you got this and can get back on track. You can do it.

You are not alone. I ate like a hippopotamus today. It was a wonderful treat. I didn't even log my food and I am a faithful tracker. This has been my pattern for holidays and so far it has worked for me.

Been there. Done that. Just gotta get back on track. I beat myself up too but got right back on