Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all. I am just about 6 weeks post op. My target was around 90 pounds (or rather I should say the doc "expected me to lose" 90 pounds within a year)

I have been very strict with the diet and drinking lots of Water and I am down almost 40 pounds in 6 weeks. Did anyone else start fast and slow down? I know it will eventually level off but I cannot help but think if I am 45% to that goal, that I may far supass it at this rate. I have better photos but not avaliable at the moment. Anything you can share from your expierence would be awesome! Thanks in advance!

post-250980-0-85684500-1427917753_thumb.jpg

post-250980-0-48146800-1427917754_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the great weight loss so far! Yes, things slowed down for me and there were many stalls. Check out a post I made where I provided a graph of my weight loss over a year. http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/335141-one-year-of-weight-loss-graphed/

40 lbs in 6 weeks is a great start! I can definitely see the difference in your photos.

I am not even as far post op as you are... but for my 2 cents, I would expect it to slow down a little as the weight comes off. I think the calorie needs/deficit aren't as dramatic as the body weight lowers. Maybe some more experienced losers can verify or contradict that! Regardless, I would bank on you reaching your goal well before the 1 year mark!

Edited by liannatx

We lose a lot on the pre-op/post-op diets, then when we get to the normal food stage, things slow down, and even stop (the infamous "stall"). The thing is not to get too used to such a fast loss, as then the stalls will seem unacceptable and then you deem the surgery a failure. You will stall, and it may last a long time. Your body has to adjust to the new program, and it may seriously fight it, thinking you are in starvation mode (and you are). So be prepared, love the major loss you have had, and get ready for the long-haul - the slowing down of weight loss, the "rearranging" of your body composition, and the mental battles that inevitably come upon us all. Good luck to you on your journey!

Congratulations! You can really tell the difference!

I lost a lot of weight very quickly. The hospital stay added 17 pounds of Fluid that I had to get rid of before I could even start counting my weight lost from day of surgery!

I have slowed to 2 lbs a week for the past 2 weeks, but I am still losing and glad for the loss. I have always gotten in my Protein and Water and I don't test my stomach by trying to force more in than what my nutritionist and doctor recommends. I am taking things slow and learning to eat clean and healthy.

Keep up the good work! You are very close to goal already!

Great job on the weight loss.

Yes it will slow. I did the same thing. I had 54 total to lose and lost 30 by week 7 and I'm at goal at month 9.

The first loss was fast and after month three it was stalls and slow but steady. Maybe one pound or a little more a week.

All my labs have been great. I keep up with Protein intake first and foremost and Vitamins. I make sure I'm hydrated and then enjoy the rest of my food selections for the day.

I have worked out very little because of my Migraines so I am going to start strength training to firm up and see where my body wants my weight to be.

Even though you have more to lose, if you work your program, you could be at goal within year one and then some.

It's all about you and what you do for yourself.

You sound like you're doing it all right so far. Keep it up.

Great job!

An update, So I did hit a bit of a platu for 2 or 3 weeks but have been right back to kicking ass again. Down to 232!