Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 1st Sleevers! Tomorrow is our Day!

@@brandnewme2015 @@CrissyBat

Today was much better. I took a long nap this afternoon which I guess I really needed.

I managed 1 whole premier Protein shake and a half of another brand. about 1/2 cup of the broth from chick fil a Soup, 20oz of Water and a SF popcicle!

My post op is tomorrow, so I'm hoping there is all good news!

@ ShellMilliner, I'm so glad to hear you had a better day. Let us know how your Post-op went. Have a good day.

Hey everyone!

So I have increased my Protein to a shake and a half a day which has helped. I am still having trouble getting in my Water, I can barely finish a regular bottle of water! I went for a walk at the park yesterday for about an hour which was really nice.

Yesterday I had

- 1 1/2 Premier Protein Shake

- Maybe 8oz of Water

- 1/4 cup of Tomato Soup

- Italian ice

But today I feel really funny and not like myself really weak and lightheaded. Trying to get my water in now and half of my shake. Will keep you guys updated. I'm so glad all of you are doing so well

Hey everyone!

So I have increased my Protein to a shake and a half a day which has helped. I am still having trouble getting in my Water, I can barely finish a regular bottle of water! I went for a walk at the park yesterday for about an hour which was really nice.

Yesterday I had

- 1 1/2 Premier Protein shake

- Maybe 8oz of Water

- 1/4 cup of Tomato Soup

- Italian ice

But today I feel really funny and not like myself really weak and lightheaded. Trying to get my water in now and half of my shake. Will keep you guys updated. I'm so glad all of you are doing so well[/quote

@ x0CheekzVSG, glad to hear you are getting more Protein. As far as the water, I now truly believe my pouch hates Regular water. I've been diluting Apple juice and it goes down just fine. Now I didn't forget to see how many oz I drank this way, but I'm trying to do it today. Well go rest and I hope you get to feeling better.

Today is a GOOD day!

So I was given a guide book from my Dr at his seminar. And then I was given a guide book while in the hospital. I read it and it stated I could have Puree food on day 3. Well I wanted to stick what my Dr gave me and not get my HOPES up. So today my 10 days Post-op and have to go out of town this weekend. So silly me decided to call my Dr and ask about being on the road and the guidance given to me in the hospital. So why did his nurse tell me I could of been doing pureed food since Day 3. I was so excited I made some noise like I had hit the Lottery. I'm happy! Smashed Potatoes here I come!!!! Whoopee!

@@CrissyBat

I'm so jealous but so happy for you at the same time!! I don't have my post op until Monday and I really hope they tell me I can have purées at that time. Have a good weekend away from home!

@@x0CheekzVSG

I honestly can't wait until the puree/soft stage! They're combined for me so I'm definitely gonna have the ricotta bake, cottage cheese, hummus, etc so that'll start wednesday. I found the best thing today for getting in my liquids, I bought peach herbal tea and made a big iced pitcher of it, because I get soo bored drinking plain Water. Also, I've been adding PB2 to my chocolate premier Protein shakes and it's making them so much tastier. I hope you're doing well! Also, going back a few pages to search for a (butterfinger?) shake you mentioned haha

@@jrquinter

Omg I know!!! It's insane how much time I have spent on Pintrest searching for recipes for both of those stages ! That sound like such a good idea, I'm going to have to start adding that to my strawberry premier shakes!

Btw! I wanted to know if you guys wanted to do a weekly weigh in each Wednesday to see how everyone's doing? If that's ok I'll go first !

SW 208

CW 203

Total of 5lb lost since surgery ????

I had an a GREAT day! Protein shake went down easy this morning and I made a Shakeology shake with frozen berries and almond milk for lunch and I was able to finish it in one sitting! What the wha? I also drank about 24 oz of Water. dinner was egg drop Soup, but man I miss the crunchy noodles! Oh and the staples are out! Yippe! I'm hoping tomorrow is as good as today for everyone!

And I had to go look up that ricotta bake...OMG, that makes my mouth Water. I'm still on full liquid with pureed fruit like apple sauce. I can start working in soft foods mid-end of next week. I think that and scrambled eggs are on the the top of my list...oh and crab legs...I've been dreaming about crab legs! (what does that mean?)

Weekly weigh in:

SW 302

CW 286

Total: 16lbs since surgery

Glad to hear we are all starting to get used to our new routines. There is another thread "Memorial Day Challenge" where you and 100 other posters set a personal goal weight and post your weight to a spreadsheet every Monday. I've joined that thread for a little extra motivation. I'm going to start exercising a bit more so I can get those pounds to melt off. I got 60g of Protein today, but didn't get all my liquids in. I'm determined to hit all 3 of my requirements one day soon! I too have been collecting recipes on pinterest and I can't wait to try the ricotta bake-or hell , just some eggs and grits! Another week and soft foods here I come! Keep up the good work everyone!

Well not the greatest day foe liquids or Protein today. My tummy still wasn't ready so I didn't even make my mashed potatoes. Grrr.

B: Blueberry yogurt

L: Premier chocolate shake

D: Campbell's Vegetable Soup

40 oz Protein and 20 oz Water

SW: 243

CW: 231

Total: 12 since surgery

Happy Saturday everyone. I woke up feeling badly today. I can't put my finger on it but just run down and tired almost like a flu but no fever or aches. I started feeling a bit better later morning but not super. I did manage to get down two premier Protein shakes today and about 20oz of Water so far (and a little soup).

I got really nauseated around 6:00 tonight (about an hour after my last shake) it passed in about 25 minutes but I was miserable during the episode. Then all of a sudden around 7:30 I felt great and hungry so I decided to give the ricotta bake a try. It looked so good, it tasted like food. My first couple bites were likely too big and it just sat and sat in what felt like my esophagus. :wacko: I waited about five minutes and tried taking small bites and chewing them into oblivion but after about 4-5 more bites I felt full. I think I had the equivalent of 2 TBSP of food. I think with the mozzarella it is just a bit too dense still. But let me tell you head hunger folks is real! It tasted so good and smelled so good I had to walk away to keep from eating another bite. I may warm a little more up in about 30 minutes (so an hour and half from my first sitting) if I'm actually hungry. I am going to refrigerate the rest. It makes four servings but when you only eat less than 1/8 of a cup...heck I have two weeks worth. :P

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I will be venturing to my in-laws tomorrow for a late Easter dinner (they were on a cruise) and want to do Easter with the grand babies. :) I will be bringing Soup and a shake!

Happy Saturday everyone. I woke up feeling badly today. I can't put my finger on it but just run down and tired almost like a flu but no fever or aches. I started feeling a bit better later morning but not super. I did manage to get down two premier Protein shakes today and about 20oz of Water so far (and a little soup).

I got really nauseated around 6:00 tonight (about an hour after my last shake) it passed in about 25 minutes but I was miserable during the episode. Then all of a sudden around 7:30 I felt great and hungry so I decided to give the ricotta bake a try. It looked so good, it tasted like food. My first couple bites were likely too big and it just sat and sat in what felt like my esophagus. :wacko: I waited about five minutes and tried taking small bites and chewing them into oblivion but after about 4-5 more bites I felt full. I think I had the equivalent of 2 TBSP of food. I think with the mozzarella it is just a bit too dense still. But let me tell you head hunger folks is real! It tasted so good and smelled so good I had to walk away to keep from eating another bite. I may warm a little more up in about 30 minutes (so an hour and half from my first sitting) if I'm actually hungry. I am going to refrigerate the rest. It makes four servings but when you only eat less than 1/8 of a cup...heck I have two weeks worth. :P

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I will be venturing to my in-laws tomorrow for a late Easter dinner (they were on a cruise) and want to do Easter with the grand babies. :) I will be bringing Soup and a shake!

I hope you are on the way of feeling better.

So let me tell you about my Road Trip.

So my trip was a 3.5hr trip. The start off was getting my daughter McDonald's Sothern Crispy chicken. So I decided to try one. I chewed that chicken tender until the Cow's came home. But no problems, I was fine after that. I managed to stop every hour and walk for about 10 min. Well after a while I decided to start on my Premier shake. Why did that thing cause a ingestion feeling with every sip. I'm wondering if my pouch is beginning to not like them. I hope not b/c it has has alot of Protein and I still have a ton of them.

So next adventure is making it home to my family who KNOWS NOTHING about my WLS. They noticed the WL but then wanted to go to Olive Garden. So I said yes and went along. I ate 2 stuffed mushrooms, 1 breadstick, and a few bites of my salmon. I never felt nauseous, but the pressure in my chest was real. Well I managed to make it through dinner without Up Chucking or telling my family. Thank you Lord. I was really scared. So now an hour later, I'm walking around. The things we do when we won't want people to know. Ladies I hope yall are doing good, today was stressful for me.

You guys are so much more adventurous than me, eating real food so soon after surgery. I'm still terrified to go beyond liquids at this point - and am still getting pretty full off of those. My fiance said he actually notices I have lost weight, which made me feel really good, and I have noticed the swelling reduced so my clothes don't fit as tight. I was able to fit into a size medium stretchy skirt comfortably, so things are definitely going in the right direction. Have a great day ladies.