Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 1st Sleevers! Tomorrow is our Day!

Had my post op appt. today and the drain removed (yippee!). Doc says I'll be sore and bloated for a while due to the sizable hernia he had to fix during surgery but other than that everything is going as planned. I added Protein to my diet, and made some sugar free pudding today that will hopefully satisfy my sweet tooth. Going to get on the treadmill for 30 min this evening while my daughter is at practice to try to get things moving along (no bm for 3 days now). 5lbs. lost since the surgery!

Hope today went well @@CrissyBat

@@BrandNewMe I'm sorry you have not had a Bm in three days! Mine have def slowed down too ! They're allowing you to work out so soon???

Also guys I'm a little bummed today! I have hit a stall!!!!!!!!!!! I have been the same weight since I dropped all the fluids from being released from the hospital and I am pissed! I have been following all instructions! I mean you guys can look I always tell you what I eat ! So I am not a happy camper right now and I'm going to take some milk of magnesia and go to bed! Hopefully I will weigh less in the morning!!!

Btw I had a few sips of a iced Decaf coffee with skim milk and one slenda

Half of a strawberry premier Protein shake

1/4 of Tomato Soup from Panera that I am still working on

Very little water!

What is the problem here!

@@x0CheekzVSG are you retaining water/ fluids? My doc wanted me to get moving as soon as possible to reduce swelling, gas, and bloating . I walked at a very slow pace of the treadmill. I'm just now starting Protein Shakes and creamy soups: I've been on Clear Liquids up to today so I'm sure they helped my weight loss. Keep your head up. It's still so early in the game... and stay off the scale for a few days ????

@@brandnewme2015 I can't Im addicted!!!!

Scales are evil ???? lol

scales are evil lol

^^^ What she said! You are likely retaining fluids. Try to drink more Water. I know all liquids count toward the 64oz day but Water is still important. Try squeezing some lemon, lime or orange in it to break the surface tension.

• @@brandnewme2015 yay for no drain! I had mine removed before I left the hospital but it is a bit disconcerting seeing a hole in your side as it heals. :o

I think I am finding out I'm lactose intolerant. Every time I try something that has milk the gas pain is unreal. Yesterday, I mixed up some cream of wheat and thinned it will lots of milk. Just a few bites in and holy ouch. So I decided to have a premier Protein shake, two sips and yikes. Today I tried cottage cheese and it rendered me out of commission with pain from the middle of my back around my chest. I think I will stay clear of dairy for a bit. :wacko:

@@BrandNewMe I'm sorry you have not had a Bm in three days! Mine have def slowed down too ! They're allowing you to work out so soon???

Also guys I'm a little bummed today! I have hit a stall!!!!!!!!!!! I have been the same weight since I dropped all the fluids from being released from the hospital and I am pissed! I have been following all instructions! I mean you guys can look I always tell you what I eat ! So I am not a happy camper right now and I'm going to take some milk of magnesia and go to bed! Hopefully I will weigh less in the morning!!!

Very little water!

Good Morning All,

Well yesterday I went back to work and wasn't so bad. Everyone mentioned how I looked like I had lost weight, but I played it off since no one knows what I have done. Eventually I'll say something. I was able to manage to eat a whole yogurt and a 20 oz bottle of Water with a Crystal Light add in. This wasn't done at the same time but throughout the day. So that was an accomplishment for me. So I made it through the day. The most taxing part of the day was having to go to the grocery store and shop for company coming over. The rush through the store made me a little flush. I came home and cooked for the first time. It was such a weird experience. I cooked a meal without even knowing how it tasted along the way or even the finished product. So I just kept quizzing my husband on how it tasted. I told him I felt a Blind person trying to write on a piece of paper. You know you've done something, but you don't what the final product came out as. Crazy.

Well as for the BM, that hasn't taken place. 7 days. I took the suggested dosage of Miralax on Monday and still nothing. If it isn't happening because of my Water intake then my goose is cooked, because I'm drinking as much has I can handle. I don't feel any discomfort, but I know I need to go. Ooh my, the struggle is real.

Thanks x0CheekzVSG, for checking on my day. How is today going for you?

Edited by CrissyBat

Very little water!

Good Morning All,

Well yesterday I went back to work and wasn't so bad. Everyone mentioned how I looked like I had lost weight, but I played it off since no one knows what I have done. Eventually I'll say something. I was able to manage to eat a whole yogurt and a 20 oz bottle of Water with a Crystal Light add in. This wasn't done at the same time but throughout the day. So that was an accomplishment for me. So I made it through the day. The most taxing part of the day was having to go to the grocery store and shop for company coming over. The rush through the store made me a little flush. I came home and cooked for the first time. It was such a weird experience. I cooked a meal without even knowing how it tasted along the way or even the finished product. So I just kept quizzing my husband on how it tasted. I told him I felt a Blind person trying to write on a piece of paper. You know you've done something, but you don't what the final product came out as. Crazy.

Well as for the BM, that hasn't taken place. 7 days. I took the suggested dosage of Miralax on Monday and still nothing. If it isn't happening because of my Water intake then my goose is cooked, because I'm drinking as much has I can handle. I don't feel any discomfort, but I know I need to go. Ooh my, the struggle is real.

@@CrissyBat have you done any exercise yet (walking)? I finally did and tell you what - it certainly got my bowels moving. I'm not getting all my liquids in either - I don't know why I thought that would be the least of my problems. Everytime I drink though, even a little, my stomach starts rumbling. I find that I tolerate crystal light and Vitamin water better than regular water. My goal for today: 32 oz h20, & 1 Protein Shake. Baby steps!

Very little water!

Good Morning All,

@@CrissyBat have you done any exercise yet (walking)? I finally did and tell you what - it certainly got my bowels moving. I'm not getting all my liquids in either - I don't know why I thought that would be the least of my problems. Everytime I drink though, even a little, my stomach starts rumbling. I find that I tolerate crystal light and Vitamin water better than regular water. My goal for today: 32 oz h20, & 1 Protein Shake. Baby steps!

@@brandnewme2015, I was walking in spurts. Well today I walked continuously for 45 min and I'm proud to say, I had a BM. Thank you.

Well as far as today, it's been a weird one. I woke up extermly hungry and thirsty. That was a 1st. So I said I would hold out for a Protein shake, NOT! I didn't have any cold, so I iced one down. That only caused what felt like indigestion, so I only took a few sips. So after I waited my 30 min, I went for some cold water. That's all I could think of. I just felt like gulping, but I tried to slow my sips. Well after that I felt nauseous. Grrrrrr! Well on my next TO DO for the day was to get in all my Vitamins. It seems everytime I took them, the nausea came back. I don't know if that's because I haven't eaten enough or what. Is there anyone getting in all of their Vitamins in a day. So basically I have been nauseous all day so I haven't done good on water or calorie in take. I wish everyone the best of luck.

@@CrissyBat so sorry you had a rough day today! Hopefully your body will cooperate tomorrow. Perhaps it's the cold that's bothering your pouch? Sometimes lukewarm hours down better for me. On the Vitamin question, I have been able to get my Vitamins in but the chewables I've been taking dissolve pretty easily and are quite tasty (like candy). Hang in there!

@@CrissyBat I was right there with you yesterday! Everything I put in my mouth either hurt or made me nauseated.

I don't start my Vitamins until after I'm cleared at my post op (which is tomorrow). I'm looking forward to getting these staples removed!

My biggest problem is sleeping! I'm a side/stomach sleeper normally. But it is too uncomfortable still, it feels like the sutures and my insides are being pulled around. I have a wedge pillow that I've been sleeping on that keeps me from being flat but the past couple days it has put pressure on my lower back making it painful after a few hours.

I think I still have my pregnancy pillow stashed in a closet so I may try that, otherwise it's the recliner for me. :(

I know everyday is a challenge but each day I know I'm healing it it will get better. Time to push the Protein today!

Have an awesome day everyone!

@@ShellMilliner and @@brandnewme2015

Well today has been WAY better. Instead of just Water today, I've incorporated Crystalight and Diluted Apple juice. Can you say NO PROBLEMS! I need that one explained to me, I don't understand. To be honest with you all, I did eat 3 crawfish from our Get together yesterday. I'm 8 days Post-op. Not on the list of Haves but temptation took over. Well I can say it didn't hurt or anything, but I did get the feeling of not eating anymore. Not proud of myself, but I'm human. So I counted that as my lunch. So I worked in my fluids and now I'm onto a Premier shake. Ooh and u just took my morning Vitamins and just waiting to see if I'm on the road to happiness. How are yall doing today?

Edited by CrissyBat

@@CrissyBat I was right there with you yesterday! Everything I put in my mouth either hurt or made me nauseated.

I don't start my Vitamins until after I'm cleared at my post op (which is tomorrow). I'm looking forward to getting these staples removed!

My biggest problem is sleeping! I'm a side/stomach sleeper normally. But it is too uncomfortable still, it feels like the sutures and my insides are being pulled around. I have a wedge pillow that I've been sleeping on that keeps me from being flat but the past couple days it has put pressure on my lower back making it painful after a few hours.

I think I still have my pregnancy pillow stashed in a closet so I may try that, otherwise it's the recliner for me. :(

I know everyday is a challenge but each day I know I'm healing it it will get better. Time to push the Protein today!

Have an awesome day everyone![/quote

I never asked my Dr if I had stitches or now. I woke up after surgery and had this glue stuff over each incision without any stitches. So maybe I have them internally. I can tell that daily it's wearing away. As far as sleep, I've actually been able to sleep on either side without any problems. My Post-op appt with the Dr. isn't until the 16th, so I have to wait to ask about the stitches.

It's a good think you have your Mommy Pillow. I wish you well.

@@brandnewme2015 @@CrissyBat

Today was much better. I took a long nap this afternoon which I guess I really needed.

I managed 1 whole premier Protein shake and a half of another brand. about 1/2 cup of the broth from chick fil a Soup, 20oz of Water and a SF popcicle!

My post op is tomorrow, so I'm hoping there is all good news!