Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MapQuest vs. Google Maps - the POLL

Twice the mapquest has taken me to the wrong location so now I've been using google maps. I use the gps in my car too. BUT, I still prefer a hands on map.

I Checked the MapQuest and I think its only because that is where I'm used to going when looking for directions on the internet. I never use any of these when planning an extended trip, I only use it for in-town.

I have a TomTom for anything else. TomTom I love you!!

I, personally, am a "MapQuest Hater". It has given me wrong or absolutely dumb directions on more than one occasion.

For example, I was on a business trip to Bloomington, IN. My boss, who was from there, said "You can't get lost in Bloomington." Thanks to MapQuest I was lost - twice. One of those was when I was at an intersection - the building I was looking for was beside me on the right (I had never been there so I didn't know), and MapQuest told me to turn left. Blindly, I did, and ended up WAY lost. Once I finally found the office, I was STUNNED to see that it was at the intersection where I had been sitting about 20 minutes previously.

Another example? My sister and I recently headed to a ceremony honoring our mom for being an organ donor when she suddenly passed away last year. We were running late, and didn't have time to waste in getting there. My sister ran a MapQuest, having it take us on a highway to avoid the Dallas Cowboys stadium, as it was a game day. As we were driving along, following directions - I KID YOU NOT - the silly MapQuest map had us LEAVE the road we were on to wind around a ghetto neighborhood in south Dallas, before instructing us to get BACK ON the SAME road we had been on previously, only about 2 blocks down from where we left it. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen!

Yahoo maps, Google maps, GPS Navigator on my cell phone, or clerk at a convenience store... I will use any of them before I trust MapQuest.

Personally I prefer yahoo maps to get the route down, MSN maps to get the birds eye view, and then Google maps to get the street view. Call me over prepared, but I hate being late for anything. Plus, i am triple checking my destination and actually looking at the destination as opposed to looking for those blasted building numbers that are always conveniently located behind some overgrown tree or shrubbery.

I only utilize Yahoo Maps. I have not been lost with their directions yet.

I like google maps because of the street view feature.

I like google maps because of the street view feature.

Ditto. :thumbup:

I use microsoft streets and trips. It great for tag saling!

It plans my trip from house to house. Just punch in the house number and street and it takes you on the easiest route. love it.

My son moved to the Boston area, and I loved that I could look right down on his house and see where he moved to with google earth.

Mapquest, but only because there's a direct link on my browser. I more often rely on my GPS now, but she's led me wrong a couple of times, and she's kind of bossy.

Actually prefer TomTom. :thumbup: