Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Traveling! What can I bring on the plane!

I'm traveling for work and I want to bring a ziplock bag with Protein powder, Quest bars, etc. Has anyone had experience bringing this on a plane in a carry on? That stuff is expensive and I don't want it thrown away!

I used to carry granola bars in my pocketbook all the time. However regulations change frequently. Your best bet is to check the TSA's website.

I just flew to CA and had a 100 cal pak of almonds in my purse and a Quest bar. My other Quest bars, almonds and Protein powder were packed in my checked luggage. I didn't need any Protein Powder during my flight It was only 1 hour and 15 mins. :) But if I had I would have put a serving in a very small Tupperware/Rubbermaid container and carried it thru too.

It's really the liquids that they are concerned with mostly.

I had the individual serving of nectar. I put three of them into my Blender Bottle. No trouble with TSA.

To clarify these were packets of the powder. I mixed as needed with bottled Water. Since I don't like lumps I also carry a small strainer to strain it.

I'v traveled several times with Protein powder and Quest bars, no problem at all. You should be good to go!

I travel frequently with job and have no problem with non liquid food items. Protein powder, Jerky, tuna foil packs, nuts, cheese, Protein Bars, salads, salmon foil packs, and various other assundries. 90% of the time I get through with yougurt as well, but last time TSA made me leave my toasted coconut behind. I will say that you can always stop at a grocery store when you arrive as well, provided you have refrigerator in your room. I do it almost weekly! Don't forget a plastic fork for your tuna packs!