Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't wait to see myself.

I am 16 days post-op from VSG and it has recently dawned on me.....I have no idea what I look like. My bone structure has always had extra fluff on it. I have never been slim, and early on in life I realized that husky wasn't just a breed of dog. I don't posses chia-pet like facial hair, so I'm hoping the structure isn't too terrible. Below is a brief synopsis of who I am.

P.S- dealing with some major bloating. I think my doc made my sleeve really tight (had to stay an extra night because I couldn't get the barium cocktail to pass through my esophageal sphincter. My surgeon follows a (2 weeks full liquid, 2 weeks puree, 2 weeks mechanical soft and then regular). Puree is proving tough for me, so I may give full liquids another week. Any recommendations?

I am a 28 year old athletic fat-kid from Ohio......living in Alabama. I moved away from home after graduating from pharmacy school in 2011, because I felt my friends and family were enabling me and that was the main reason I gained weight. Well after being on my own for a while I did lose weight, but once I made friends in this area the weight came back. They weren't enabling anything. This problem laid square on my broad shoulders. I am a social guy and food has always been a medium for me during those times. I realized that this might be the one thing in my life I need to ask for help on. It definitely isn't the easy way out as some people look at it.

I have always been able to hide behind my athletic build (even though I was a big guy). I always kept pace with my smaller friends and never really had it hamper my life. As I get older, I feel pains and creaks in my bones and I can only imagine what that will be like in 30 years (if I made it that long).

Luckily other than some mild hypertension, I dont have any other co-morbidities that are related to morbid obesity.....and I want to keep it that way. For most of my twenties I have hovered around 315-335. Yo-yo dieting and killing myself in the gym. I have always been a gym rat, so that has helped me have a bad diet and "maintain" my 300 lb plus physique.

As I am typing this I am 16 days post-op and bloated as hell still (vertical sleeve). I am trying my best to adjust to the new life and hope that this forum will help with questions and eventually I can help other people as I continue.

Good for you! I'm sure you're gonna be a success and yeah, its exciting to watch you "emerge" from yourself.

I have this sensation of needing to burp and then right as im about to, it alllllll fizzles out. It is super frustrating. Papaya enzyme seems to help.....any recommendations?

I Can't wait for you to post so pictures 6 months from now :)