Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sick of this liquid only phase

Sorry for the gripe, but that is what this part of the forum is designated for.

Tomorrow 3/25 will mark my 4th week on liquid only. Two of these weeks were pre-op and the last two post-op. I am happy with the success I have had thus far. That being said the liquid only part is just getting old. I don't have my 1st follow up appointment until next Thursday 4/2. Even then my plan says 4 weeks liquid post-op. Which for me means I have 2 more weeks of this till the next phase. I think i need a ticker just to count down till April 8th when this 4 week period will be over :P

I know everyone who went through WLS has had this struggle at some point. I just wanted to vent for a second.

Same boat. I know how you feel. Soon it will be a distant memory.

This too shall pass and be a distant memory. Feel free to beotch away :-) It's all part of the "experience", and it's so worth it.

I'm almost done with my one week of Clear liquids ... but, I move on to three weeks of full liquids. I'm sure by the end of it, I will never want to see Protein shakes, sf Jello, Decaf tea, and sf Jello.< /p>

Hang in there!

Before you know it, you will be 6 months post-op! Seriously! Even though some parts seems to really drag, it all goes by so darn fast. I can't believe that it's been 6 months since my surgery. You can do it! It may be hard, but it is so worth it. I just kept telling myself to suck it up buttercup and just do it! You got this!!!

I'm on day 2 and i'd rather just be in a coma and hooked up to an IV for the next 12 days. Hang in there.

Dang that is a long time..I feel for Ya!

I just had my first powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup. I'm in the experimental phase pre surgery. I don't see my surgeon til April 7th. I'm curious, can you detail what your day is like. What your "meals" are like, what products you use. Anything you discovered. And what do you wish you had known. I'm getting close to entering the liquid phase. Thanks.

I have to say that it is all well worth in and before you know it it will be over. Then you get to enter the phase of trying foods one at a time and realizing your tastes have changed dramatically.

I promise it will be over soon!

I just had my first powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup. I'm in the experimental phase pre surgery. I don't see my surgeon til April 7th. I'm curious, can you detail what your day is like. What your "meals" are like, what products you use. Anything you discovered. And what do you wish you had known. I'm getting close to entering the liquid phase. Thanks.

My day usually goes as follows:
Morning
Trader Joe's - High Potency chewable Multiple Vitamin & Mineral Formula, 1 tablet
Rx to prevent Gall Stones
Kirkland Signature - sugar-free Caramel Flavored Calcium Chews 500mg + D + K
Kirkland Signature Quick Dissolve B-12 5000 mcg
Mid Afternoon
Kirkland Signature - sugar-free Caramel Flavored calcium chews 500mg + D + K,
One of the following
Premier Protein - Chocolate Shake or Vanilla
Ujury chicken Soup
Rx to prevent Gall Stones
I will also drink Water all though the day. I have a 32oz Nalgene where I will add 4 tsp of Benefiber.

im a little concerned you dont have Iron in your Vitamin regimen, and i know with my surgeon and nutritionist, Fiber additives were a big no no until the solid food stage. but you will get labs back relatively soon.

I take Iron, but not everyday.

I was told Benefider was OK, but not Fiber like Metamucil or anything else heavy in psyllium husk

Thanks for being concerned though :D

Gripe away, I thought the liquid phase was worse than the surgery I had to do 4wks too.