Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Enough drama . . . what's for dinner this week?!

I thought it might be fun to compare our meal plans for the week. Here's mine:

Monday: Chili. I made a batch on Saturday. I am not the most confident cook, but I am really good at chili. I have actually gone back to (low fat) beef chili instead of turkey/chicken, because my Iron levels are low. (reduced fat cheese and bell peppers on the side)

Tuesday: Tortellini salad. This is so fast and easy to make (bell peppers and broccoli are the veggie and they are in the salad. I roast the peppers and leave the broccoli raw)

Wednesday: Spaghetti bolognese. Again, we are using beef (95/5) because of my iron levels, and I use Dreamfields Pasta to dramatically cut down on the carbs. (bell peppers on the side again, my 5 year old eats them like they are candy).

Thursday: Lemon pepper shrimp with quinoa and broccoli.

Friday: dinner out, I have no idea where yet.

What about you guys?

Whatever my husband cooks for me? I know we're planning to go grocery shopping tomorrow. I think all we have in the house right now is some frozen lemon garlic shrimp, some turkey kielbasa, and some poultry italian sausage. So I imagine tonight it will be one of those things for dinner.< /p>

I made almond crusted chicken breast strips last night that were delicious - paprika, garlic, dry mustard, and pepper.

One chicken breast cut into strips will get me 3 meals!

So glad you asked. This is my first day out of liquid post-op. I'm planning to start the day with with scrambled eggs (French Laundry style), and closing out the day with lightly seasoned tuna tartar on a little puréed Nori to add a bit of Asian influence. Not sure about lunch, probably a Protein Shake. :-)

A Protein Shake for breakfast...lunch tuna salad and dinner lobster salad i made fresh with capers, boiled eggs, tomatoes lettuce and i made my own Russian dressing..!!!.

lets see tonight is deconstructed stuffed cabbage (love it barely 1 carb)

tuesday, very lightly panko encrusted chicken tenders with a side of diced carrots. (6 carbs i can do that)

wed-Ham slice 4 oz portion, with side of green Beans (3 carbs)

thursday marinated chicken tips with side of corn (5 carbs)

Friday food shopping night, probably be chopped sirloin ( aka hamburger patty ) with a side of diced carrots. (3 carbs i can live with that.)

I made a really good pot of cabbage & white bean Soup. Most nights I like to eat light so I'll probably alternate between that and a salad with black Beans & a sunny side up egg. I use salsa instead of Salad Dressing.< /p>

lets see tonight is deconstructed stuffed cabbage (love it barely 1 carb)

tuesday, very lightly panko encrusted chicken tenders with a side of diced carrots. (6 carbs i can do that)

wed-Ham slice 4 oz portion, with side of green Beans (3 carbs)

thursday marinated chicken tips with side of corn (5 carbs)

Friday food shopping night, probably be chopped sirloin ( aka hamburger patty ) with a side of diced carrots. (3 carbs i can live with that.)

WHOA I gotta ask, what kind of corn (or how much) are you eating that is only 5 carbs?

What are chicken tips? And steak tips, I don't know what those are either.

And blacktee92675 - now I'm craving sushi! I know what I am getting for lunch!

Whatever my husband cooks for me? I know we're planning to go grocery shopping tomorrow. I think all we have in the house right now is some frozen lemon garlic shrimp, some turkey kielbasa, and some poultry italian sausage. So I imagine tonight it will be one of those things for dinner.< /p>

I love turkey kielbasa!

I had turkey kielbasa with peppers & onions last night, tonight I had an egg beaters - egg white omelet with havarti w/dill cheese.

I love turkey kielbasa!

That's what we ended up having! It was yummy. :D

Friday night...cheddar bacon vegetable Soup

Saturday night...pan seared pollock with tartar sauce and 1/2 apple (I know, weird combo, but I hadn't put any fruit in my smoothie that day and had to sneak in another serving)

Last night...spinach with browned butter and hard boiled egg

Tonight....Thai curry stir fry with chicken, tofu, asparagus, green Beans, onions and carrots ( I made a huge batch of this a couple weeks ago and froze individual portions)

Pretty sure I had Greek yogurt with Kashi go lean Cereal as desert/bedtime snack every night as well

And now, thanks to @@sallyomalley67 and @@BLERDgirl I am now jonesin for some cabbage. Hope I can get to the store tomorrow!

Edited by Kindle