Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery March 17th. Just last Tuesday and I am a wreck. I am

Not i taking enough liquids or meeting my Protein goal. Nothin is appetizing to me and I want real food. I am overwhelmed and frustrated with it all. I have a drain on which makes it hard to shower and that is enough to make me go insane. I don't know what to do at this point as I'm

Scared of dehydration and getting sick. I literally want meals of food I ate before surgery and it's only day 6. Please help if anyone has suggestions. Thanks.

First of all relax it will take a while to get use to what your doing drink your Water or gatorade2 in short spurts about a cup at a time. Then remember your not supposed to eat with your meals make them small about 3oz at a time. I even try a spoon of Peanut Butter every now and again. This was a life time decision and one you didn't make lightly none of us did remember your not alone we can help. Look for other Dr. Zavalza patients we are supporting each other and they will help you also. If you need more information just ask and I will try to get some of the ladies in the group to help also..

Your probably not going to get in the recommended amount of Fluid that early out. It's a work in progress you have to keep at it. You should be getting your drain out soon. I know they stink. I had one too. Mine stopped work so I pulled it. Once you get it out you will feel better. As far as the food, well you just have to deal with that because you can't eat like that, if you did you would be in some serious pain....and trouble.

Ty for the words of encouragement. Hopefully the drain comes out 2m. I'm

Going to try Peanut Butter and also look into the bariatrix Soups. It's hard bc I feel like my parents who are here don't get it and I'm

Trying but they don't think I am. So ty very much

Look on Facebook for Dr Zavalza and Dr Luna Mexico support group we are all helping each other.

Hi I am 12 days out and i feel ya. i am so head hungry and feel so pissed that i cant eat what i want when i want it. I have had no problems with surgery or pain and can really do just about anything except eat. all i think about is eating. i keep hoping that when i can eat fish chicken salad that i will feel better about my decision. I knew this wasn't going to be easy but i really thought i would have handled this better.

Good luck we can do it we just have to take it one day at a time

Yes. A lot of people told

Me You won't be hungry that's what makes its easy. And I'm Not like hungry and starving but I crave regular foods like chicken and fish etc I am nervous about the purée weeks because of the texture.

I totally understand. I was sleeved on 3-18. I had all my post op foods here but now i can't stand any of them. I'm getting no Protein and only about 30 oz liquid. Prior to surgery i was not a sandwich eater but now all i want is a freaking club sandwich!!! Oh well just a few more weeks!

I was sleeved on 3/16, but I am no help, I'm feeling the same way. So at least I'm not alone in feeling like I'm failing since I still want and dream of food.< /p>

Is anyone having throat pain? I'm very uncomfortable from throat and belly button. Anything I can due to help throat? Thanks!

I didn't have throat pain or belly button pain. The whole process hasn't been physically painful for me. I would contact your doctor if the pain doesn't get better or is too much. Did he give you any pain meds for home??

I was sleeved on 3/16 and at first had pain with each swallow. Now I can get 4oz of shake down 5x a day for approx 60g of Protein. Walking and gas-x help the most. Isopure zero carb drinks helped me with getting Protein down the first few days home.

Pain today is almost gone, I'm going to work on recognizing hunger/fullness now the stomach inflammation seems yo be getting better.

I was sleeved on 3/16 and I'm having a hard time with such the limited amount of food choices in my full liquids phase. 1 week down, 3 to go. Today I tried using beef broth instead of Water for my cream of wheat. Not bad. Reminded me of mashed potatoes with gravy.

Hi I was banded on the same day as you and I feel the exact same way today I had my follow up with my doctor and she said that's a normal feeling I cry I feel like I'm starving I'm sick of liquids!! But with all that being said try some hot choclate sugar free and fat free cool whip my doc said that's ok and Protein will make you feel better. Unjury has Soups and tasteless protein. Good luck to you

I'm also 3/16, and having the same mental difficulties with my eating options. Today, i added chocolate Protein Powder to my cream of wheat Breakfast. For lunch I did Asian pho broth (from TJs) with unflavored Protein powder. And yesterday, I cheated I had one savory bite of salmon (not on the approved list yet). I chewed and chewed until there was nothing left, but it tasted amazing. I can't wait for another week to pass and I can add a couple of additional items. But we will get there :)