Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm on day 4 of my pre liquid diet.. i've barely cheated but it does count. What have other people cheated with? It's so hard!

Single slice of deli turkey in the evening. Glass of wine, ok maybe two. Glass of beer, or maybe two. There were a few other things as well during nearly three weeks of pre-op. I compensated by excising 60 minute a day, 6 days a week. Lost 22 pound in just under three weeks of pre-op. Doc was very happy, saying the 22 pound drop made the 45 minute surgery easier. I think that starting the workout program during pre-op has also made post-op recovery easier.

Totally meant to post this in the pre-op thread. Oh well! The glass of wine and beer makes me feel a little better, as I've had two iced coffees with cream!!

I think the key in pre-op is to drop as much weigh as reasonable possible to make the surgery easier, and reduce risk. Seems like a few occasional guilty pleasures should be reasonable in moderation. After all, the first two weeks of post op are going to be even more challenging. Just don't let a few cheats transition to several cheats. :-)

@@blacktee92675 I think that's a really good point, don't let it be everyday. I felt so guilty after just two small cheats I have been working out like crazy to try and cancel it out. Thanks :)

Two delicious dill pickles! Tasted wonderful.

This post makes an assumption that cheating during PreOp is common. It is possible to go through the PreOp & PostOp phases without cheating and a number of ppl on this site, including myself did just that. Don't give up on yourself by cheating, whether it's by a little or a lot. And if you do slip up, forgive yourself & get back on the plan. Following the surgeons Pre/post Op plan is definitely doable.

I cared far too much about improving my health to cheat on my pre-op, especially with alcohol.

I did call my surgeon because I was tired and weak from heavy work outs and he gave me permission to add lean meat and veggies to my diet due to my exercise regimen, but I stuck to his plan 100%.

I did it for a month instead of the prescribed 2 weeks, too.

I cheated I still lost 14 pounds but I cheated. I ate thin crust pizza like 3 slices. I ate a cheeseburger and fry and snack wrap from McDonald's. And Taco Bell. That's what I cheated on glad I did cheat I am 15 post op and I have had a horrible horrible time lol I can not stand the site of broth and I'm on an all liquid diet now trying to get my Protein and liquid in and it's really hard because I am so sick really sick I've thrown up twice. Dr said not really worried because I have managed to keep liquids in but the Protein Shakes are hotriab and gage me so bad. I'm praying for the day I can eat again which I can start puréed food in 3 weeks. This has been a rough road for me but it's going to be worth it. I dehryated on the pre liquid diet and my husband was so upset he said I needed McDonald's haha. But seriously it's a long road ahead and you will be kits fine just don't cheat too much :)

I never cheated. You just have to stay strong!

I'm six weeks postop I do not encourage or condone cheating but I am not one to be hypocritical and or a liar I cheated pre-op diet and postop. It was a struggle for me I'm a mother and a household of six so I did pick up things that I made could've been a spoonful of rice may have been two french fries could've been a strawberry point I did cheat my surgery was pushed off an extra 13 days because of a pending blizzard for the surgery date so I had to fast again which was hard. When I went for my surgery up to two days before I still had solid foods I was supposed to be strictly liquids but I was honest with my surgeon and I had already lost nearly 20 pounds and I was able to have my surgery. After surgery I had pain on my one incision and in my back but I had a steady decrease in weight and I was able to hold down liquids puréed foods so within 13 days I was put back to solids. For those who are able to say they did their fasting before and after strict liquid and puréed diet that is terrific it is very hard do the best you can and make sure you were honest with your surgeon

Working out is great before during and after but it will not cancel out cheats for cheating and the reason they want you to cut out all the foods is to shrink your liver and get the toxins out to make the surgery easier

I cheated I still lost 14 pounds but I cheated. I ate thin crust pizza like 3 slices. I ate a cheeseburger and fry and snack wrap from McDonald's. And Taco Bell. That's what I cheated on glad I did cheat I am 15 post op and I have had a horrible horrible time lol I can not stand the site of broth and I'm on an all liquid diet now trying to get my Protein and liquid in and it's really hard because I am so sick really sick I've thrown up twice. Dr said not really worried because I have managed to keep liquids in but the Protein shakes are hotriab and gage me so bad. I'm praying for the day I can eat again which I can start puréed food in 3 weeks. This has been a rough road for me but it's going to be worth it. I dehryated on the pre liquid diet and my husband was so upset he said I needed McDonald's haha. But seriously it's a long road ahead and you will be kits fine just don't cheat too much :)

To the lurkers ....

Yeah ... don't do this ^^^^.