Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2015 Sleeve buddy's

My Sleeve date is April 7th, would love to find some new friends to share in the journy.

My surgery will be with ALM in Tijuana Mexico, I fly in to San Diego on Tuesday the 7th, travel across the border to the Hosp. and if all test are good we should do a same day surgery.

2 nights in the Hosp. two more at the Marriott. I'm going by my self. Only a few people in my life know that i'm doing this.

I'm very excited ( a little scared) and so ready - So if your being sleeved around the same time, I love to connect. Please share your story ands Stats.

Married , mom, of 4

5' 11"

SW 265

CW 255

GW 175

Hi New Dawn,

My sleeve date is April 16th in Juarez. I will fly into El Paso on the 15th. I will have my testing done that day and surgery on the 16th. I will fly back home on the 18th.

My daughter is going with me. I too haven't told many people yet. I am having a hard time getting them to believe that this is safe. I am so excited to start my new life as a healthy person.

53 yo

5'4"

SW 272

CW 255

GW 150

HI Ajones,

So excited for you, Glad someone is going with you. We will have to keep each other posted. I'm 19 days away, and can't wait, working hard to loss some before weight. Do you have pre=op directions? I have a two week diet and a 3 day clear liquid fast.

Blessings

Dawn

I do Low Carb/High Protein for 10 days (but I started already) and then Water only the day before the surgery.

Newdawn,

I am also getting sleeved on April 7th in Shreveport, LA, about 100 miles from where I live. I am married and have been trying to conceive for 2 years with no luck. Everything has checked out to be normal for my husband and I. I'm hoping carrying around all this weight is what's hindering the process and am hopeful that losing weight will lead to being able to conceive! I am looking forward to having a buddy to follow with the same surgery date as me! I have an appointment on April 1st and will receive my 3 day diet before surgery. My stats are below.

CW: 230

GW:130

April 2nd for me! I went to my after care class Thursday, see my surgeon tomorrow for my 2 week pre op diet! I'm so ready!!!

Age 56

CW 235

GW 140

Good morning. I'm also scheduled to go get sleeved April of next week in Tijuana, Mexico. Once again I'm excited with this not being my 1st time going. I've been before for the lap-band and lost weight good with it, up until the band port broke its way through my stomach!!!!!! I went cross the border by myself that time and I'll do it again if I have to. But this time will be my last time. That's why I choose the sleeve. I've gained 65lbs. back since I've had no restrictions over a 2 year period, and I refuse to go back where I came from in the beginning of this FAT journey. So I decided to get the sleeve and b done with all of this craziness. I begin this journey at 298lbs after Lapband and a year later I was 155lbs. Band was removed July of 2013 and I'm back up to 220lbs. Totally Unacceptable........LOL

In scheduled April 16 here in Houston, Texas. Am I the only person in Texas??? Lol it don't matter I just need support I'm scared.

Hey I was sleeved April 7th just started purée foods tonight! I was sleeved in PA .. Had some chest pain in the hospital but went away after they took the drain out. First 2 weeks were the hardest and I questioned myself everyday as to why I did this . After I had a couple bites of mashed potatoes tonight and actually felt full I feel better cause the liquids never have me that full feeling. Things get better !!!

I sure hope so! I'm a week and a day post op.....and liquids now make me cringe. I'm doing what I'm supposed to but at the moment I feel like hammered poo! I so want something to eat. Like for real!

Hello everyone. I was sleeved on April 6th. I'm really tired of the liquid diet. I want food! Lol the first 2 weeks were really rough, but after a 2 week post op visit w the NP and NUT I was motivated to focus on getting all my requirements in. I've done really well this week and even exceeded,my Protein req. I increased carbs and that helped my energy levels. My best advice to anyone

this early out n who feels tired all the time is to get your meds and Vitamins in(I finally can now)and make sure your getting enough carbs. Made a huge difference for me. Plus, I do believe I feel a little better w each passing day I am just over the liquids but I have 2 more weeks of it!!!

Heaviest weight 220

Pre op start 218

Day of surgery 212

18 days post of 191.3

I was sleeved 4/6/15 in Decatur TX with My Bariatric Solutions. Best thing I have ever done. I am located in Abilene, TX. I have lost almost 50lbs and I am only 6 lbs from onderland!