Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! I'm new to BariatricPal and wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Elaine and I had my gastric sleeve surgery on 2/10/15. I lost 15 lbs pre-op on my liquid diet and 21 lbs since the surgery. I go for my post-op month appointment with my surgeon tomorrow.

I think it's awesome that I lost 36 lbs so far and I can't wait to see more weight loss!

I've been stalled for about 2 weeks now with my weight loss and I can't lie...it's been messing with my head a bit. This has happened to me in the past with my other attempts at weight loss. My body doesn't like me to lose anything over 40 lbs apparently. I don't think it will have a choice this time.

I started walking during my lunch hour 3 to 4 days a week for now and am looking into joining a gym and meeting with a trainer.

I joined this looking for advice and support to keep going. Looking forward to getting to know people and getting some great advice! :)

Welcome and congrats on your surgery and weight loss! Even tho' you will have stalls, they do pass if you're following the rules. Just think of it this way: what will you weigh and look like in one year's time? You have a lot to look forward to, and make sure you are taking measurements, especially during a stall. The measurements will show what the scale won't...SUCCESS! Good luck to you on your journey!

@@ElaineD31 welcome! Many have experienced what you are describing. Remember you have had major surgery and your body is doing a lot of adjusting. I try to avoid the scale, after all, it is only one measurement of progress. My progress is following my plan everyday and feeling good about that as well as the perks that come along with healthier habits. My BP is better, I am fitting into things better, etc. Be nice to yourself! If you are following your plan, it's all gonna happen. Meanwhile if you want to search for "stall" on this site you'll find advice others had for this as well.

Good luck!

Hello and welcome! Congrats on the weigh loss so far, looks like your doing great!

Hello and welcome to the Loser's Bench! We all experience stalls from time to time, and you just have to be patient and realize that as long as you are following your plan, your stall will pass and you will start losing again.

Again, welcome and I hope you find BP very helpful.

It sounds like you are doing great! Stick to it and you will meet your goal weight. I had my surgery in Sept 2014 and I have lost 64lbs so far at 185. Aiming for 145. You will have ups and downs through this. Try to stay positive when you meet the plateaus, they do go away, but sometimes it seems that they last forever. Just do what your doctor tells you and I have no doubts that you will make it!!!!

Welcome to the site. I found that this is the best support I have ever had and without it I don't think I would be as successful, Great weight loss so far and I'm sure you will really enjoy your new life and journey! Wishing you tons of luck!

Sound like a plateau, or what people call stalls. Have you ever spent a significant amount of time at your current weight in the past? Sort of like muscle memory, your body will remember that weight and get confomfortable there. You have to wait it out or nudge it loose. I've been through 130 lbs of weight loss before on diet and excessize alone. Im here because I gained most back. In my experience the follow worked well.

Breakfast - little bit of toast and soft egg, warm/hot lemon Water.

lunch -warm/hot lemon Water. grapefruit, spinach, and white fish (think tilapia).

dinner - 100 calorie or less Protein shake.

Squeeze lemon into you water for the rest of the day, and make a mild increase to your exercise. Of coarse all this has be sized for sleever potions. :-)

This was advise from a registered dietician. Worked for me within one or two days every time. Good luck. You'll get throught it regardless of waiting it out or giving a nudge.

Hey there! Welcome! I'm new too, this site is awesome! I've already learned so much.. Great tool to have during this great new journey of our lives. :-) And plus you meet some really great people :-)

Good luck to you! Warm wishes!

April 8th is my sleeve surgery

I am so happy and excited this is finally happening.

Looking for to the new experiences and people I will be meeting.