Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bodybugg users report here!

renewed, I know exactly where your coming from. I also logged every single thing this week, made sure my deficit was at least 1700 per day and only lost 1 pound!!! When I looked at my progess based on my weight, it said I had a daily average deficit of 600 calories!!!! What the heck...I dont get it.

Part of the problem of not losing when you've logged your food and your bugg showed the deficit for the day that you wanted is because, as my trainor told me, most people under estimate what they have eaten by about 40%. She said because we don't weigh and measure all our food will will get it wrong by about 40% plus she proved something else. She said she sometimes eats Lean Cuisine meals and the weights on those meals are off quite often. She said if you're eating a prepared meal to also weigh and measure those because you'll find the weight off. She said her Lean Cuisines were sometimes off by 50%. If any of you still have a session left with your trainor ask her/him about this.

When you bodybugg said your average deficit was 600 it's because it had the chance to average out your entire week and so it took your entire weeks worth of cals burned, cals eaten and divided it by the pounds lost.

Hope this helps. I'm trying to get back into using my bugg...like everything else I've tried after a while I lose interest...THANKFULLY, I can't lose interest in my band because it's a permanent fixture :thumbdown: Tis why I went for it, it keeps me from overdoing it and gets me back no track. I plan on putting on my bugg again tomorrow...buying my healthy foods today for easier choices and I'll be joining you folks again. Good luck everyone!

If you allow the bodybugg to calculate based on my weight, it says that I average 3647 calories in each day. With a margin of error, there is still absolutely no way that I am taking in that many calories. OMGosh, if i took in 3000 cal I would be so sick and puking. Besides, except for the last 2 days, I carefully log my food, and that would be a 200% difference. I do understand what Sherry is saying, but I don't eat much prepared food. and it is just not possible that I have missed it by that much.

There is some other reason for my gain. I am hoping it is increased muscle mass from exercise. If that is the case it should come offr pretty quick. I have put my bugg back on and will be counting everything closer than ever.

I like you have measured everything. I only had one day of no measuring food and that was on mother's day. Mine also say I eat about 3000 calories per day based on my weight loss or gain for that matter. I will continue the bugg on. I know I need a fill, so hopefully it will give me more restriction and that will help with the amount consumed.

I have a quick question. I am going to purchase one for sure, no doubt. But with summer here (we belong to a swim club) so when I go to the pool I obviously take it off, but do I just log any activity I did (like lap swimming) on the website? Is it okay to take it on and off multiple times thru the day without it really screwing up the numbers to make your defecit. And say I am restarting Jenny Craig, do I just log the caloric info off the box. Do I just log calories and fat or all the rest (like carb count, sodium, Fiber etc. etc.) Thanks for your response. You can pm me if u want. I am also getting Wii fit for me and my son. Can't wait to see actual calories burned doing that.

Okay people......I got my bugg. I drove to a 24 hr fitness club and they offered it for the same price as online..........plus I got it INSTANTLY no shipping. Shoot I even joined up in a no committment contract. They have a 30 day moneyback guarantee. I told them I wanted a 2 week trial period first so the payment doesn't even go thru until Jun 6th. Very excited. It came with 2 free personal training sessions. They said they will go over the bugg with me. Just so u know they didn't pressure me into the membership, I actually inquired about it. I could have walked right out after buying the bugg. If they do ask u, just say u belong to the Y or some other club if u don't wanna join. I will keep ya posted.

Hey just FYI. On 24 hr fitness.com they are now $49 off from $299 and $25 off digital watch piece. I also picked it up immediately from a club, same price so no shipping and waiting for me. YAY!!!!!

KeyWestGirl,

To answer your question about swimming, yes you have to take it off, yes the website will be able to judge your calories per your specs. There is actually a really cool section where you can see how many calories you burn during each activity.

Make sure you are not over looking your salt intake. Sodium will give you those one pound weight losses even though you are running negative calorie numbers each day. If your chart is jumping up and down then you might be bloated with Water weight which will give you -1 type numbers for the week.

imdone.bmp

Good point. I am down 1 1/2 pounds this morning. I am back to where I started. Anyway, I haven't really done anything different. I think salt content has a lot to do with my fluctuations. I notice that my wedding ring is much looser today. I will definately watch that closer.

Thanks,

Amy

I stay close to track with the bodybugg, but never quite right. Like many of you, it will say that I am cosuming way more calories than I possibly can. So, I just take it with a grain of salt (basically ignore it). I still try to log my food and of course all my activity gets logged.

For me, I tend to lose in spurts. I may not lose for 2 weeks, then all of a sudden I will lose 6 lbs in 1 week. So, I just update my weight about once a month on the apex site. Otherwise, I have to look at that guy giving me "the dissaproving look" because I am not on target.

Tulip, putting weight in once a month sounds like a good idea.

Keywestgirl, sounds like you got a good deal. Did it include your online membership also?

Question:

My dh bought me the watch to so with my bodybugg for mothers day but the faceplate keeps falling off. I was riding in the car yesterday and it just fell off. Has anybody had a problem with this or is mine defecitve? I know i can be hard on things but I would think this would be made to withstand exercise so any advise?

thanks

beth

I just ordered my bodybugg from ebay new in box for $230 by the time I paid shipping. I only saved $20 off of what 24 hour fitness is selling it for...but hey its $20 plus whatever shipping was going to be.

I'm assuming that the membership included in the box is good no matter when the bodybugg was purchased, that is it just a code you put in when you first start using it??? I wish I would have researched this BEFORE I bid on it but assumed thats what it was. I'm excited to join this thread. I won't be banded until at least early July but I want to get a head start with my weight loss, on my way to fit and healthy.