Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, My name is Paula and I had my surgery on Thursday, March 12, when I woke up, I thought, My Lord, What have I done? As the days went on, and I'm working on my 5th day post op, I'm finding it is getting easier, I've had struggles with dumping, fever, nausea, and cramping, your stomach will let you know what you can tolerate. I finally got a little better, now drinking Premier Protein shakes, I'm still not getting my 60g on a day, but I do exercise, by walking around for five minutes at a time and I'm still resting alot. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis And it gets hard to exercise like I need too. any thoughts?

Sounds like your doing well, it all takes time keep up the good work!

I am sorry for your arthritis issues. To get in your fluids, try the Water Enhancer drops. You can adjust the sweetness to you liking, and it really does help it go in easier. Just take your time, heal at your own pace. Everyone is different in healing. Ask your Dr. about taking meds for your arthritis. I have the osteoarthritis, and am on Advil liquid Gels for it. Some days it helps, some days it doesn't. You know how it goes! But my Dr. approves of this med, and I haven't had any issues with it, to this point. I did have to wait until 8 weeks out before I could take it. All the best to you...

You're welcome!

Everyday it gets MUCH better! Sounds like you are doing great! I have severe osteoarthritis and just had my Lt hip replaced 7 weeks ago and having the other one done in 2 weeks & have have been taking Motrin since 3-4 weeks post op sleeve surgery (that was almost 2 yrs ago )with no problems . A lot of people say you can't drink coffe or take Motrin after having the sleeve but I have been with no issues and my doctor knows this,he just suggests that Motrin be liquid just so it doesn't sit in pill form in a empty stomach possibly causing a problem. I do take pill form because my dose is high and I just try to drink and eat with it so my tummy is not empty. I hope your arthritis gets alittle better as you lose weight and you just do what you can. I really did no exercise because my hips were sooo bad and just watching what I ate and did my normal everyday activities ( I have small children) I have lost over 100 pounds. I wish you much success

That was one of my concerns, it's the rheumatoid affects my hips when I walk. I have walked for five minutes and it feels like both hips are going to break off. I'm wondering if walking will get any better than five minutes at a time?

Well remember this: As the weight falls off, it should ease the joints somewhat. Not completely, mind you, but some really notice a big difference.

I have hip displasia and too much walking can cause more damage so I purchased a good quality stationary bike. It sits in front of my big screen TV where I can binge on Netflix and pedal away with no pain\joint damage! Swimming is another alternative, but for me pools are just a pain. Keep working on your fluids\Protein and you'll get there.

JUST REMEMBERED!!!! Ok, so I'm old! "Sit And Be Fit"!!! I believe you can get it on DVD, and in my area (Washington state) it is on PBS. A program that has exercises that only require you to sit in a chair. I did them pre-op, and they are great! And they really work!

Is it normal to sleep allot. Seems like I get yo, do as five minute walk, try to sip in fluids, sit for about an hour, go back to bed for two to three, get yo, wack, drink fluids, and try to put something in my stomach that's full of Protein, sit up for a couple hours, back to bed for two, is this okay, I feel so tired

Nature's Best Isopure zero carb Water - 40 grams of Protein - I like the grape but the orange was good too. Try a bottle at GNC to find a flavor you like. You can always add no cal flavor to it if its not grapey enough.

Also for joint pain gave me a Rx for a cream Voltaren Gel - I pulled my achilles overcompensating for a knee injury and this works wonders and fast..

http://www.voltarengel.com/consumer/default.aspx

Congrats on getting the sleeve. Your not alone, I'm just 3 months out from my sleeve and I felt the same way your feeling now. Each day gets easier just listen to your body, it will tell you what you need.