Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 31, Surgery Buddy

I'm doing pretty good. I had my one week follow up yesterday and the nurse said everything looked good with my incisions. I found out I was taking my Vitamins at the wrong time so I am correcting that today.

I have been sleeping on my side since about day 3 and it is getting easier. I still worry about pulling my stitches though.

I have been drinking Chike Protein powder and I think it tastes pretty good. I do a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of vanilla in a cup of skim milk. I think it is higher in carbs than other brands.

I am so tired today! I have been pretty active, running errands and going all over the place. Today I decided to stay home and sit on the couch with a blanket!

Stenochick, yes the Protein powders are yuck now. The only one I can consistently drink is skim +carnation SF+ GENEPRO unflavored.

I'm doing pretty good. I had my one week follow up yesterday and the nurse said everything looked good with my incisions. I found out I was taking my Vitamins at the wrong time so I am correcting that today.

I have been sleeping on my side since about day 3 and it is getting easier. I still worry about pulling my stitches though.

I have been drinking Chike Protein Powder and I think it tastes pretty good. I do a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of vanilla in a cup of skim milk. I think it is higher in carbs than other brands.

I am so tired today! I have been pretty active, running errands and going all over the place. Today I decided to stay home and sit on the couch with a blanket!

Sometimes you need to just take it easy.

Oh! I am glad to read that you girls are already on your own. I'm 31.03 too! And reading you was like reading me. Yesterday was just awful: my face was totally full of pimples and the pain was the worst I have during this journey. Anyway, I called the doc and he insisted on me taking my pain pills. Also?,

Also he suggested something with cortisone But I was like hell no! I prefer to live with pimples rather than cortisone. I must add that he was ok with my deciti

Sorry for breaking the post. My iPhone like me is out of control. Jijiji ❤️ well I hope everyone keep a lot better and fighting for a better life.

I wish all your injuries heal on this first week of contemplation. Kisses! And let me know how are you doing. Oh I have lost 8 pounds since post op. Kisses ????❤️????

I'm feeling much better today. 1 week out now. Down 8 lbs from surgery. Went back to work yesterday. The weather was so nice today that I went outside and walked 3 times. It felt so good outside.

I still feel like I am bloated but today I didn't get that "extremely full" feeling until about 1 today. That's a big improvement for me. I was feeling that way by the time I'd get 5oz down first thing in the morning.

I have been trying to sleep on my side/belly for 3 days now. I wake up with a little pain too so I usually roll back over onto my back before the night is over.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm feeling much better today. 1 week out now. Down 8 lbs from surgery. Went back to work yesterday. The weather was so nice today that I went outside and walked 3 times. It felt so good outside.

I still feel like I am bloated but today I didn't get that "extremely full" feeling until about 1 today. That's a big improvement for me. I was feeling that way by the time I'd get 5oz down first thing in the morning.

I have been trying to sleep on my side/belly for 3 days now. I wake up with a little pain too so I usually roll back over onto my back before the night is over.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Wow, you are back to work!!! You are amazing. I went to the grocery and it tired me out lol. Keep up the good work!

late bloomer here, my surgery RNy was 3/23. I was dc hospital on day 3 doing great and ready to rock the world. Then came day 6 post op. My incision swelled and doc said ice it. I went to one week apt all great t yes swelled continue ice. Then came day 10 and the swelling burst, was an abscess full of infection. Back to surgeon office and he opened it up wide open to drain no pain killers no nada. Went home from that with packing twice a day orders and Antibiotic liquids that taste like junk. Today I went back to have it checked and hopefully closed, NOPE once a day packing see you in two weeks which will be my one month check up also. So around I go with my incision packed full and covered one grumpy woman I am!! I am on soft Protein phase and I have dealt with the over full feeling since last Saturday with just drinking Water even. I just go slow and keep pushing to get in quota as I don't need anymore complications. Tomorrow I am GOING to get back on my treadmill and do something, it is making me crazy for sure. I have been working from home on computer so that is not an issue but definite ready to get on with this journey

Wow a lot of 3/31 people! I also had mine that day and as of my 1 week post op appointment yesterday I am down 12 lbs! Seems like we are all having a lot of the same struggles. I was stuck in the hospital an additional day due to issues with the pain killers causing nausea but I am feeling good now. Slept the whole night last night in my bed and slept on my stomach most of the night. I just keep reminding myself that it's all uphill from here right? Hope everyone is doing well and continues to do well and if anyone needs a buddy I am here!

Wow a lot of 3/31 people! I also had mine that day and as of my 1 week post op appointment yesterday I am down 12 lbs! Seems like we are all having a lot of the same struggles. I was stuck in the hospital an additional day due to issues with the pain killers causing nausea but I am feeling good now. Slept the whole night last night in my bed and slept on my stomach most of the night. I just keep reminding myself that it's all uphill from here right? Hope everyone is doing well and continues to do well and if anyone needs a buddy I am here!

Everyday is better! (Except day 6, day 6 sucks!) :) congrats On your success

I have no energy! I keep thinking I'll wake up one morning just full of spit and vinegar, but no luck so far.

Understand for sure, today my intent was to get back on treadmill and start kicking it and myself in gear. Well morning came and I curled up again with the cat in my chair and napped. Then worked, late shower, worked more, cooked dinner. Then all of sudden it hit me, get those damn running shoes and get on that damn treadmill you BUM. I did, slow pace but I did 15 minutes with ipod blaring and made me feel wonderful to again be doing something. So I can tell you I could have skipped it but I got forceful with myself and I am glad that I did cause it had to be time if anything for my outlook at least

Went for my follow up appt, all is well. The only thing is four more days of liquid diet, aaaaarrrrggghhh!!!

Sorry Sunny, I bet you are sick of liquids!

Went for my follow up appt, all is well. The only thing is four more days of liquid diet, aaaaarrrrggghhh!!!

I am on puree but I am eating things like tuna and mayo, refried Beans with a little cheese on top, and I tried a soft cooked egg last night but it didn't sit right with me.

Sorry Sunny, I bet you are sick of liquids!

I am on puree but I am eating things like tuna and mayo, refried Beans with a little cheese on top, and I tried a soft cooked egg last night but it didn't sit right with me.

Yes, the liquids are getting a bit old. I know it's a short term thing, just having a rough day :) Can't wait until puree.