Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Patience ........

I'm so happy, I just had to give an update.

I am 5 weeks post op as of tomorrow and up until Saturday I was really starting to question whether or not this surgery was a good thing for me. I can now happily say it is. I woke up on Saturday feeling great! The pains, the nausea, the overall YUK feeling seemed to of vanished overnight. I was feeling so bad the week prior that I went in to see my doctor and they rushed me in for a CT scan. Turns out everything was good with the sleeve, I was taking longer to heal and that last stitch, the big one they talk about was giving me all the pain. Every time I moved, stretched, sat, stood or did anything it hurt like hell. It would literally stop me in my tracks. Turns out I also had a kidney infection so a round of antibiotics knocked that out.

I kept reading peoples posts here about having patience and that everyone is different and most were feeling great by week 3. I was confused, I just seemed to be feeling worse as the weeks went on.

Well I can say now, just listen to your own body! I have felt great these past 3 days, no pain, full of energy, able to get all my pills, potions and liquids in and I am starting to lose weight again. I was so happy I jumped on the scale this morning and I am down 53.5lbs from the start of my journey.

I am also so happy to be off the Clear Liquids. i did that for 3 weeks pre surgery and for 4 weeks post surgery. i have completely indulged in creamy Soups, yogurt and Jello this week!

Just remember if you hit a wall, slow down, listen to your own body and just be patient ...... this is a great thing we are all doing.

That's great! The first day you wake up feeling GOOD is so wonderful :)

Glad you are feeling so much better. "Patience" is the absolute best trait to get you through this journey. Pre-op you need it to help calm the nerves and make it through to your surgery date. Post-op you need it for your recovery and as you move through your food stages. And you definitely need it when it comes to the scale! Glad you persevered and are improving daily. I suspect your prolonged clear liquid diet may be partially to blame. 4 weeks is a long time to be on clears! No wonder you felt so crappy!

Congratulations to you! And yes, patience is important. I remind myself of that every day! One of my dear friends that had the surgery before me, about 4 years ago now, also told me to never compare my journey to others. She said she and her friend had it at the same time on the same day and within a month, her friend had lost 30 pounds while she had lost 15. She got to her goal within a year but for her sanity, she stopped discussing how much she lost each week and it gave her a sense of peace and focus. That, and to be patient were two life changing pieces of advise for me.

It looks like you're on your way to your new life. Trust me, you will feel like a new person and will never question your decision again. Especially when your clothes start to fall off!!

Congratulations again all the best to you!